DLT Indicators?

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by Cass, Apr 7, 2010.

1. Cass

Cass

Hi Guys,

I promise, i have searched through other posts before asking!

So i'm having an issue with getting the indicators to turn off on the DLT's when a 'Goodnight' scene is triggered.

I have multiple other 'scene's' triggered from switches throughout the premises, turning things on & off and stored in the CTS (E.g On/Off scene triggered from one button).
    I then use the "Goodnight" as i'm leaving. When i come back though, all the indicators on the switches are still on, resulting in a double press just to turn on some lights.

In the previous PICED software, we simply added the triggers to the scene and the indicators would turn off, (of course bringing up the warning about 'retriggering' scenes.)

Confused yet?

I've also ensured the "Kill Scene Indicator" box is ticked.

After that also failed, I tried creating a new scene that triggered 2 minutes after the 'Goodnight' finished. (E.g put the trigger in the "goodnight scene" to be pulsed on after 6 minutes, last item turning off 'fluros' at 4 minutes)

The 'scenes' in the DLT's need to be seen as an 'on/off' function with the indicators, or by now i'd have given up and just turned the indicator off altogether!

There are about 11 triggers on switches all up, I just don't get what's going on!

If there's any other information needed, let me know! :)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2010
    Cass, Apr 7, 2010
  2. Cass

Cass

No luck?

I've continued to try and get around this,
    And so far it's been unsuccessful.

Anyone else had any luck?
    :(

Cass, Apr 13, 2010
  3. Cass

Mark

Yes!

I'd suggest giving tech support a call. The first thing they will probably do is ask for copies of your projects - without them its awfully hard to understand what's going on...

Cheers,
    Mark.

Mark, Apr 13, 2010
  4. Cass

Newman

You're going to need to be more specific about:

• Where your scenes are stored, i.e. in which units
    • How those Scenes are configured
    • How your DLT is configured
    • Details about how you're triggering the scene
    • What you're expecting the indicators to do under different conditions
    Which indicators are giving you the trouble? The ones that set the scenes? The ones that control the loads directly?

As a guess, it sounds like you've got the keys on the DLT configured as On/Off, rather than Scene. If that's the case, then whenever the Group is On, the indicator will be On, even when the set Scene is no longer active.

To get the indicators to correctly show the Scene state, you need to configure the key in the DLT as a Scene key. Specify the appropriate Trigger Group and Action Selector for triggering the Scene. Then, over in PICED, configure the Scene with the corresponding Trigger Group and Action Selector. When any of the groups that are part of the scene change state, the Scene Indicator Kill message will be transmitted and the DLT indicator will go out.

PICED allows quite a bit of flexibility in the way Scenes are triggered and configured. Unfortunately, you need to have a good understanding as to what you're doing if you move beyond the basic Remote Scene Trigger behaviour. There's good info in the PICED help file so that's worth a read too.

Newman, Apr 13, 2010
  5. Cass

Cass

Thanks for that,

The scenes are stored in the touchscreen,
    Everything is done by Trigger Control, (Secondary Function) and yes it is set as an On/Off key as that is needed, but I'll try what you suggested :)
    The scenes are basically multiple loads (E.g Hallway) that need to come on, and off together, as well as being switched by themselves from other locations, therefore, sadly, needing the On/Off key function rather than just a Scene function.

Unfortunately, i'm unable to take a print screen of the DLT configuration at this time.

Basically, the indicators are needed to represent whether the scene is on or off, as well as functioning as an on/off.

Thanks for the help, i'll let you know how it goes!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2010
    Cass, Apr 13, 2010
  6. Cass

Cass

So far,

After a bit of light reading,(Cough, Cough) through the Piced help PDF files,
    I'm yet to find a fix for this problem!
    The scene needs to be triggered from a single switch, and I seem to be unable to do that when using the 'scene' function on the DLT's.

I'll just keep trying! :)

Cass, Apr 15, 2010
  7. Cass

Newman

You might be able to get a few others on the forum looking at your problem by clearly and precisely describing the behaviour you want, right down to the most precise detail. The subtleties of the behaviour you're looking for may be obvious to you, but not so to someone else.

Newman, Apr 19, 2010
  8. Cass

Cass

My apologies, my explaining skills aren't fantastic.

Basically, I would like each 'load' in the DLT to behave like a 'normal' load, i.e Turn on AND Off, from a single button.

Multiple buttons trigger multiple loads: I.e "All On/Off" turns on every light in the office, as well as turn it off. "Workshop All On/Off" etc. This is from Multiple DLT's.

From yet another DLT, there is an 'all off' scene, when it is triggered I want my scene to activate, ramping things off behind me (As i've created) but also turn off the 'Indicators' on the 'All On/Off's' etc.

The problem I have, is the 'Indicators' will not turn off when the "All Off" scene is triggered.

All scenes are stored in the touch screen, and are 'Activated' via Trigger Control in the DLT's.

My biggest confusion is the fact that suddenly, the way I used to do it doesn't work. I've been doing touchscreens and Cbus installations for a number of years now, and never had this problem before.

I've done my 'research' on the Scene Indicator Kill function, and thought perhaps that would be the cure, unfortunately not. So there's something else i'm doing wrong!

If I'm missing anything else, let me know :)

Cass, Apr 19, 2010
  9. Cass

Cass

And so;

After a week and a half of testing, still no luck!
    I'm getting a wee bit irritated with it!

Think I might send it through to tech support :)

Cass, Apr 29, 2010
  10. Cass

NickD Moderator

I think the problem here is that it sounds like you're using the secondary application to work around the fact that currently, there is no key unit that will trigger two scenes (ie and on and an off scene) from the same key, using trigger control.

Indicator Kill only works on "proper" scene keys - these are keys that are assigned the "Scene Trigger" macrofunction in toolkit, so if you're doing your scene triggers from keys configured as "On/Off" on Trigger Control as the secondary application, then you can forget about indicator kill.

If you have keys configured like this, then the only way to get those indicators to turn off when the scene is broken, is to set those trigger groups to OFF in the other scenes (the indicators are working just like if you were controlling a normal lighting group). The problem here is that in your case, this will probably cause those other OFF scenes to trigger.

Unless I've misunderstood (which is entirely possible), I can't see how this would have worked before... can you send us an example of the programming (Toolkit and PICED projects... using the "backup project" function in toolkit and the "archive" function in PICED) that previously worked.

Nick

NickD, Apr 30, 2010
  11. Cass

Cass

Hi Nick,

The process you've described is exactly how I used to do it. Yes, it causes those scenes to turn OFF as well, but it's not a problem due to the fact all the loads are being turned off in the scene regardless. Which is what I meant when I say 'It used to work before'.

Adding the 'scene's' to the 'All off scene', turns off all the lighting, without changing the Indicators.

I then tried creating another 'Trigger group' called 'Triggers all off' and set that 'Pulse on' after 6 minutes. It then sets another scene were I have included all the triggers in the project.
    Again, it turned off the lighting, and not the Indicators.

I feel like i'm going around in circles!

Unfortunately, (Not for me, really) I'm off on holidays for 2 weeks as of, oh look now! When I return, i'll send through a copy of a recent Piced and Toolkit project.

Thanks so much for the help! :)

Cass, Apr 30, 2010
Ask a Question