DLT fail to trigger Ctouch Scene

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by MERV MOORE, May 14, 2014.

1. MERV MOORE

MERV MOORE

I have created a number of scenes and schedules on a B&W mark2 Touch screen. Scenes & Schedules work from the touch screen well. Once I assign a trigger group in the Scene Manager ,eg:(Scene Trigger tab, Application - Trigger Control,Group Address- GO TO BED, Action Selector - 255) and then assign a button on a DLT gui(Secondary Application-Trigger Control, Group-Go To Bed, Function -Trigger 1, Trigger function-Action Selector- 255 go to bed) The scene fails to happen from either touch or DLT. I have used this set up in a number of installs previously. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

MERV MOORE, May 14, 2014
  2. MERV MOORE

Roosta

So once you have set the dlt up the scene no longer works by activating it from the touchscreen, but prior to dlt setup it was working?

How are you connecting to the cbus network with toolkit?

Roosta, May 14, 2014
  3. MERV MOORE

MERV MOORE

Hi Roosta, Yes the scenes worked from Ctouch button, but once DLT was setup it ceased to operate. I am using a USB interface to connect to cbus from the laptop.

MERV MOORE, May 14, 2014
  4. MERV MOORE

Roosta

Ok so if thats the case i would be looking at the touchscreen program..

First though, fire up the log in toolkit and have a look what is happening on the network when you press the button for the scene on the dlt, and same again on the touchscreen.. See if that gives any hints as to where the issue is..

You should see the dlt send the trigger group, and then the touchscreen respond..

Roosta, May 14, 2014
  5. MERV MOORE

MERV MOORE

Hi Roosta, I have just had a shot at them again. The log shows the go to bed scene fail to do anything from ctouch (button is set as a scene) or from DLT key8 set as a trigger 255. The test scene works from ctouch (button set as an ON and another as an OFF) The DLT key7 does not operate the scene either as an ON-OFF (then I changed it to a trigger) or as a trigger. I will attach the log. Hope that sheds some light.
    Hi All, Having tried numerous ways to figure this out, I think I found a problem in the firmware versions of the data base and the network not matching. In a mass transfer of "data base to network" the option of converting the data base & network to the same version never arose. It wasn't until trying to transfer unit by unit that the question popped up. All scenes good and operating now from screen and dlt's.
    Thanks for all of the suggestions.

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2014
    MERV MOORE, May 15, 2014
Ask a Question