DLT controlling volume from one button (was: DLT And Infra Red Codes)

Discussion in 'Multi-Room Audio (MRA) and MARPA' started by Clinton's Electrical, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Clinton's Electrical

Clinton's Electrical

Hi All, i Have A Saturn DLT And i Would Like to Know if It Is Possible To Set 1 Button For Volume up AND Vol Down?
    Both Have their Own Group Addresses And i Dont Have A Matrix Switcher ( Yet):) Any Help is greatly Appreciated, Thanks, Clinton

Clinton's Electrical, Sep 3, 2008
  2. Clinton's Electrical

Richo

If you are planning on using a Matrix Switcher then you don't need to use IR for volume, you directly control the zone you are on via C-bus. I'll move this post to the MRA forum.

Richo, Sep 3, 2008
  3. Clinton's Electrical

ashleigh Moderator

not sure I understand...

how can you use a single button on a saturn key unit for volume up and volume down?

which operation would it do, under what circumstances?

ashleigh, Sep 4, 2008
  4. Clinton's Electrical

amberelectrics

I would guess it would work like a memory dimmer. Press and hold it raises volume, release then re hold and it lowers volume.

Sum total of my input there, got a matrix switcher and DLT on my testbed so will give it a whirl unless someone knows the answer straight off.

amberelectrics, Sep 4, 2008
  5. Clinton's Electrical

amberelectrics

Note this is default behaviour on a DLT. Are you using a different kind of switch?

amberelectrics, Sep 4, 2008
  6. Clinton's Electrical

Clinton's Electrical

Hi Amber Electronics
    You Have The Nail on the head, Trying To Get DLT Dimmer To Work of NIRT Codes For Volume up And Down. Have Client With DLT And Matrix And LIKE The Secondary Function Idea Of The DLT. TryingTo Get Similar Functions from Non Matrix install, Cand Afford Matrix now, Maybe next Year When Clipsal Brings out Newer model He He Then i Can Buy the Older one !! Back to The DLT's What im Trying To Do Withj Volume Could You Do With Source Aswell?:eek: Thanks Guys Your help And Response is overwelming..:)

Clinton's Electrical, Sep 5, 2008
  7. Clinton's Electrical

Richo

I don't think you will be able to get a single button to do both vol up and down via a nirt. To do continous IR transmission (like volume presses on a remote) you need to configure the button as a bell press. Down to trigger the IR transimission and the up to cancel the transmission (using the default behaviour of a nirt to cancel an IR transmission if the trigger GA is set to zero).

You might be able to get something working using a logic controller to act in between the button and the nirt, but I think it would be pretty hacky.

Richo, Sep 5, 2008
  8. Clinton's Electrical

amberelectrics

So do you have the amps? Are they remote or desktop models?

I have four on the test rig so I can give it a whirl without the matrix connected.

amberelectrics, Sep 5, 2008
  9. Clinton's Electrical

Clinton's Electrical

Thanks Guys But i think im Trying to Do the impossible Here, By using 1 Button For The Vol up/down Command. Will Waait And gEt Matrix And Amps.:p Thanks So Far...

Clinton's Electrical, Sep 10, 2008
  10. Clinton's Electrical

BigBoyFev

Volume Up and Down

Program your remote or desktop amp and create groups for volume bass and treble ect. The button function for the volume group on the DLT will be "Dimmer" You can change the ramp rate which inturn will determine how long it takes for volume to go up or down

BigBoyFev, Sep 17, 2008
  11. Clinton's Electrical

Clinton's Electrical

Dont Have C-Bus Amps yet But Was Trying To use NAD REmote Codes For A Audio Amp. Spoke To My Supplier Today Getting Amp 2 morrow Hopefully With out Matrix. I Will use P.Supply And Remote Amp Using Local input From A Source. Thanks..

Clinton's Electrical, Oct 7, 2008
Ask a Question