DLT Button reseting

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by remotesolutions, Jan 6, 2006.

1. remotesolutions

remotesolutions

Is there any way of resetting the sliders and key on a DLT after a scene has been initiated. EG: In a Theatre the 4 buttons on page 1 of the DLT are Movie time, Intermission, Resume and End movie. Once the Movietime key is pressed and The blinds roll down , the projector dips from the ceiling and my screen is down and the lights have dimmed, can I then have the slider and the Key (Light) then reset to an off state so that next time I initiate a movie scene I dont have to first reset the movietime button first. The scenes have been created on the network using the Black & White touchscreen and the Key on the DLT in the theatre triggers this group address. Do I have to create the scene using the DLT itself and them edit my labels on the switch. Please excuse my ignorance I am relitivley new to programming the C-Bus software. Cheers Gav

remotesolutions, Jan 6, 2006
  2. remotesolutions

Mark

Hi Gav,

~50 people have viewed this thread and nobody's come up with an answer. Might be worth trying to clarify the problem. What exactly is happening, what do you want to happen etc.

Cheers,
    Mark.

Mark, Jan 9, 2006
  3. remotesolutions

Hugert

Hi Gav

It sounds to me like you have set up the DLT buttons with the on/off function. If you are triggering the scenes in a touch screen with a group adress from the DLT , as i understood you are doing , then simply just set up the buttons in the DLT which you are using to trigger these scenes as PRESS buttons . In the Press mode the button does reset itself .
    Hope this helps .
    Regards
    Hugert

Hugert, Jan 9, 2006
  4. remotesolutions

remotesolutions

Many thanks Mark and Hugert for your responses. You are right Hugert I have got the Buttons set as on/off on the DLT. I have since changed them in the database to "Bell Press". I presume that is what you meant by "Press" as there is no "Press" option alone only "Bell Press". I have not been on site to put it into action, but I am looking forward to trying it out. Many thanks gain guys appreciate the help. Will let you know how I get on. Cheers gav...:)

remotesolutions, Jan 12, 2006
  5. remotesolutions

PSC

Gav,

You need to create the scenes in the Ctouch. For each scene you will need an "ON" scene and a "OFF" scene i.e. Movie Time On & Movie Time Off.

You need to use the same (trigger) GA for both scenes i.e Movie Time ON / OFF, within the scene manager select the "Scene Trigger" tab, select the scene trigger GA (Movie Time ON / OFF) from the drop down box (or create it) and for the ON scene select 100% as the level, for the OFF scene select 0% as the level.

*** It probably best to keep the scene triggers GA's in the lighting application at this stage as it will be easy to combine scenes and lights on the DLT.

In the DLT select the GA (Movie Time ON / OFF) and set the button function as ON/OFF.

You will now be able to turn each scene on and off. Just keep in mind that the "OFF" scene doesn't have to have all (output) levels within the scene set to 0%, you may well want it to return to default levels.

I hope this helps.

PSC, Jan 12, 2006
  6. remotesolutions

remotesolutions

Cheers Pete, That's great help. Am I right in saying that by trigering scenes on/off I also save on button usage on the DLT. EG: I now have 1 button for Movie time, Press for Movitime on , then press movie time again to turn the movies scene off, as opposed to having 1 button on the DLT for movitime on and a second button for movie time finish. I think ove got it. Many thanks gav.

remotesolutions, Jan 13, 2006
  7. remotesolutions

PSC

You're on the money Gav :)

PSC, Jan 14, 2006
Ask a Question