DLT Backlight not shutting off

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hugert, Mar 17, 2006.

1. Hugert

Hugert

Hi There

Hope anyone has a solution for me on this .

I have a client that i have installed his whole house with the Neo DLT switches , all is working perfectly except for the backlights on the lcd display . In the GUI for the DLT under the indicators tab , i have set the screen and indicator brightness to 0% and the keypress activity to 100% . Fallback to first page is set up for 15seconds after which the baclight also goes out . This is exactly what the client wanted and it works great .
    Here comes the stumper , the lcd backlight dont extinguish completely it does dim itself down very low while the buttons do turn off , and this is a problem for the client as even the faint bit of backlighting from the lcd is bothering him at night while he is sleeping as he has a DLT switch on both sides of his bed . He has complained to me about this on numerous occasions and i cant assist him any further in this issue as i have done everything that i could from the setup perspective . Can anyone think of something that i can do about this or should i ask for a firmware upgrade for the DLT Neo Switches , i have noticed that the same thing occurs on the Saturn DLT`s as well .:confused:

Hugert, Mar 17, 2006
  2. Hugert

Dave Byron

Hugert
    found the same thing when they first came out - even setting to off they still stay alight to make the bedroom look like it was a full moon night, ended up having to remove DLTs from bedrooms.

dave

Dave Byron, Mar 18, 2006
  3. Hugert

Brianman

DLT Backlight Not Switching Off

Hi Hugert

If you select "Negative Option" on the Screen Option the Backlight will shut off at "0"

Regards
    Brian
    SmartSystem

Brianman, Mar 18, 2006
  4. Hugert

wanricky

I'm going install quite a few DLTs in clients' bedrooms, and this backlight issue make me sweat because I had nightmare with the neos...so, I really want to know if the negative option is a proper solution or a work around only? What else is the negative option doing and if this issue still happen in the latest DLT firmware.....

wanricky, Mar 19, 2006
  5. Hugert

bartmannz

Same problem here

Installed DLT's in Bedroom - even set to 0% it was to bright, so ened up removing the DLT's from there Bedroom:confused:

bartmannz, Mar 19, 2006
  6. Hugert

Mark

DLT Backlight Fallback Brightness

Hi All,

It is true that the backlight is remaining on at a very low level when dimmed to 0%. The actual brightness will depend on the firmware version of your DLT, version 2.0.00 units will be dimmer than 1.4.00. I have logged this as an issue to be looked at in future releases.

This is a creative work around, but not quite true. The backlight remains on, but more of the light is blocked by the lcd.

Work Around:
    You can get the backlight to go totally Off by setting the Screen & Indicator Brightness to follow the Level of a Group. If you make it follow a group that is never used, and turn that group Off, the backlight will go Off once the activity time has expired.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
    Mark

Mark, Mar 20, 2006
  7. Hugert

Rossco

Programming a group in the Screen & Indicator brightness in the DLT and put it into a C-Touch with a Schedule to dim the level to 0% at night and 100% at day works well for me.
    Make sure you have the key press activity set to 100% ticked so if you press a button when it is off the back light will come on for the duration time set.

Rossco, Mar 20, 2006
  8. Hugert

Josh

I have a light level sensor setting a GA that the DLT uses for brightness. Works quite well. Does the invese of what you are suggesting, that is during the day it is 0%, going up in the afternoon and reaching 100% at about sunset.

Josh, Mar 20, 2006
  9. Hugert

Hugert

Sorted

Thank you all for your input .

i have set up the indicator brightness to follow a spare group which i have set to off and it works beautifully .:) :D :)

Hugert, Mar 27, 2006
Ask a Question