DLT and programing indicators

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by techguy, Oct 23, 2011.

1. techguy

techguy

I have reasonable logic skills and would like to be able to set the indicator on a selected button on a DLT. Basically I have a AC unit connected via an ELV, using a push button, for on/off operation. I would like to set the indicator to "on" once the pushbutton is used, I will track the status and then once pushed again return this "off", I have to use a buttonpress (pulse), cant use a simply on/off. Question is how to write logic to turn an indicator on a button on a DLT, on/off via logic. Any advice would be appreciated.

techguy, Oct 23, 2011
  2. techguy

Robbo_VIC

Does the AC unit require a pulse to toggle the system on/off?

Robbo_VIC, Oct 23, 2011
  3. techguy

Darren Senior Member

If you want a DLT key to be used for the bell press and have its indicator show the AC state, then it is not going to be possible. To do something like that you need different group addresses on the key and indicator. This feature is not supported on DLT units.

Darren, Oct 24, 2011
  4. techguy

techguy

Hi Robbo and Darren,
    thank you for the input, while it didnot solve my problem, it did prompt me for a solution, a nice simple one. As I need a pulse for the AC to turn it on/off, I will created a dummy group address for each AC using a on/off on the DLT. I will then write a simple logic for each AC to trigger a pulse once the dummy group address goes on and then trigger a pulse once the dummy group address goes to off. This should work nicely and then I have my indicator on the DLT. thanks again, Paul

techguy, Oct 24, 2011
Ask a Question