Disarm Homesafe 5400 from touch screen

Discussion in 'Homesafe & Security Access & Control' started by Cadmoon, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Cadmoon

Cadmoon

Hi,

I've been looking round and can't find any info on how to disarm zones from a touch screen. The supplied manual only tells me how to arm, is disarming wvwn possible? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Michael.

Cadmoon, Nov 30, 2010
  2. Cadmoon

NickD Moderator

To disarm you enter the code on a keypad on the touchscreen, just like you would from the actual alarm keypad. There is an example project or template with PICED that shows you how to do this.

Nick

NickD, Nov 30, 2010
  3. Cadmoon

Ashley

I'm not sure what the current state is but going back a few years none of the Clipsal Homesafe panels actually implemented the CBus security protocol which is required to allow you to disarm the system by sending virtual key strokes. The CBus control was limited to arming the system using a lighting group address, or receiving up to 16 status events that could be mapped to lighting groups inside the alarm panel.

I'd be interested to know if anyone has any current experience about the CBus capabilities of the Homesafe panels and whether they now support the full CBus security application.

Ashley, Dec 1, 2010
  4. Cadmoon

NickD Moderator

I can't comment other than to say if this was the case it must have been a while back as my Homesafe system which is 4+ years old supports the security application.

It still supports arming via a group address and configuration of C-Bus events on lighting, trigger (and I think enable) control in response to various events (entry delay, end exit delay. alarm etc), but it also emits and consumes the Security Application messages.

Nick

NickD, Dec 2, 2010
  5. Cadmoon

zx9

I was told that this could be done by my alarm installer (i have the ness16xCbus enabled - same unit as the 5400 homesafe. But in another thread on this forum I was told that disarming from ctouch isn't supported so I would be intrested in the outcome of this.

If it is supported would it be likely that it could also be done (disarmed) from the wiser?

zx9, Dec 16, 2010
  6. Cadmoon

NickD Moderator

Yes.

Nick

NickD, Dec 16, 2010
Ask a Question