Disabling Shutter Relays

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by gtrevitt, Mar 3, 2014.

1. gtrevitt

gtrevitt

I am looking for a way to control 2 sets of blinds with a 4 button Neo. (programmed with Up/Down/Stop)

To elaborate.
    I have 3 blinds on the east of a building and 4 blinds on the west
    Each blind has its own Shutter/Relay
    Each set of Shutter/Relays is programmed with the same group (Blinds East & Blinds West respectively)

I wish to control each side separately (but have no need to control at the same time). I have a spare 4 button and wanted to do some smart programming instead of buying extra switches

If button 1, 2 & 3 did Up, Down & Stop; and the fourth changes whether you are using the first 3 buttons for the East or West Blinds. This would be great!

I was hoping to do something similar to Motion Sensor and Switch Button Enable/Disable feature. Thus programming the East Blinds to Disable (and West enabled) when Group address on Button 4 is On and West Blinds to Disable (and East enabled) when Group address on Button 4 is Off.

This means the client uses Button 4 to choose which side they are controlling before they use the up/down/stop features.

This programming may also save confusion with 2 sets of up/down/stop in a 6 button neo.

Any suggestions?

gtrevitt, Mar 3, 2014
  2. gtrevitt

Roosta

Any reason you dont wish to use 1 button control? You would only need 2 buttons then, one for east and one for west.. Why overcomplicate it with a 'east/west' toggle.. No disrespect to any clients out there but most of then are fairly technology unsavvy.. I try to always use the old KISS principal.

Roosta, Mar 3, 2014
  3. gtrevitt

znelbok

I would kinda agree here - the single button solution is much more simple for the user to understand and you would not have to train the end user in identifying which mode the switch is in (east or west) - which you kow they are going to get wrong nearly every time.

How do you identify which side is selected, LED colour? That alone means they have to remember which colour mean which side.

As to an answer to your question, I suspect that you would need a PAC to do this as I dont believe logic in the input unit is possible to create the solution you are looking for.

KISS

Mick

znelbok, Mar 3, 2014
  4. gtrevitt

gtrevitt

Thanks!

Thanks to both of you for pointing out the obvious.

It was staring me in the face. :rolleyes:

Previously I tried the one button programming and found it confusing when testing the blinds and timing their travel so I could set the fail safe time. Because I was new to programing shutter/blind controllers, I dismissed the one and two button options as hard to control predictably. I have now tried the one button as suggested and it works a treat

I agree with the KISS principal too. The real trick to cbus programing is finding the simplest way to achieve the clients needs.

Thanks!

Guy

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2014
    gtrevitt, Mar 4, 2014
Ask a Question