Disabling scenes in PICED?

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by MichaelCarey, Nov 13, 2007.

1. MichaelCarey

MichaelCarey

Hi Everybody,
    Sometimes, when I am working on a PICED touch screen project, I connect it to the C-Bus network to check it's operation while it's still being "developed".
    Here is an example, I have a B&W touchscreen project at home that has a number of scenes triggered by C-Bus groups. When I run this project connected to the C-Bus network, can there be a conflict with these "remote" triggered scenes becoming active on both the touchscreen AND the PICED on the PC?
    The scenes are the same, I'm presuming that this isn't a problem. The C-Bus commands are basically sent twice. Can the scene manager in PICED be disabled during testing like this?
    Michael.

MichaelCarey, Nov 13, 2007
  2. MichaelCarey

Mark

Master Unit

Hi Michael,

What you're after is the "Master Unit" option, which you can toggle in PICED (Options 1 page of the Project Details Wizard) or on the B&W C-Touch itself (Diagnostics Page).

Scenes will only be transmitted if Master Unit is selected. This allows you to load the same project onto multiple touch screens (or instances of PICED) and have only one of them actually set the scenes.

Cheers,
    Mark

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2007
    Mark, Nov 14, 2007
Ask a Question