Disabling Saturn Switch buttons

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by chromus, Feb 13, 2014.

1. chromus

chromus

Hi All,

I have done a search through the forum but not turned up anything that matches my needs.

I have some 2gang Saturns in my kids bedrooms, I want to be able to disable the buttons to stop short people from putting the lights on after bed time/playing with the fan.

I have been able to create a kill all Scene for the Output units which works by setting the area function on all of the output units to "Master Off" and having button in the garage which can toggle this.

I was hoping to be able to do something similar with the light switches but adding the switches to an area seems to do nothing.

Is this beyond the scope of the function or am I just doing it wrong?

Pointers appreciated.:confused:

chromus, Feb 13, 2014
  2. chromus

Roosta

Have you got a logic or shedule capable device in your installation.. Without either or of these I am unsure its possible..

Roosta, Feb 13, 2014
  3. chromus

chromus

I have a Spectrum with Logic and a load of memory available if you have some pointers

chromus, Feb 13, 2014
  4. chromus

Roosta

Sweet..

What you wish to achieve should be possible using the 'AND' logic functionality in a relay, and 'MIN' logic in a dimmer, coupled with 2 schedules in the touchscreen to effectively disable the required lights..

IIRC - Its been a while..

Setup in relay 'Group 1' to control load, in logic tab tick the approriate channel, and set to 'AND' logic, and set logic group to 'Group 2'..
    {^What this is effectively doing is saying load AND logic group needs to be both on for load to come on, otherwise load is off}

Setup in dimmer 'Group 3' to control load, in logic tab tick the approriate channel, and set 'Min' Logic, and set logic group to 'Group 4'..
    {^What this is effectively doing is looking at the load and logic group and setting to load output based on which ever group is set lower so both on for load to come on, otherwise load is set to lower level of the 2}

Now to control these either use a button which activates/deactivates the 'Group 2' and 'Group 4', or use a touchscreen with scheduling to have this done automatically.. 2 schedules based on the times you wish to have it kick in and out and controlling the 'Group 2' and 'Group 4'..

Obviously this does have its downsides, say 'parent' goes in to comfort child, but is unable to turn light on due to the setup.. Child gets up in middle of night to go to tooilet, cant turn on light and gets upset, etc..

Cheers..

Roosta, Feb 13, 2014
Ask a Question