Disabling PIR for 20 seconds after master switch has been pressed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kvnnz, Apr 13, 2022.

1. kvnnz

kvnnz

Hi there.
    I have a PIR in the entrance way which is enabled by a master all off switch near the front door. However, if i press the master switch as i leave through the front door, the PIR triggers off before i get a chance to leave through the front door. Is there anyway of delaying the enabling or triggering of the PIR? Cheers

kvnnz, Apr 13, 2022
  2. kvnnz

Wonkey

Not sure how or what you are using as you master off, but if you are using a key input the consider a timer.
    In the blocks tab under short press use the start command and then ramp off in short release and long press
    set the time interval at 20 sec.
    There are many ways to achieve the same results and if this is not suitable then please provide more information on how its presently programmed

Wonkey, Apr 15, 2022
  3. kvnnz

kvnnz

Hi there thanks for the reply. Yes the master off switch is a key input. I have created a scene which turns off all lighting groups addresses in the house when key input is pressed but also includes a PIR enable group address. Will have a tinker round with timer programming when i am on site next.

kvnnz, Apr 18, 2022
  4. kvnnz

Wonkey

This is achievable using the scenes in Key input but may seem a little confusing.
    I will presume that you have multiple Key inputs of the 30 mech type in the property.
    These key inputs can have up to 4 keys hopefully you have one that has not got 3 slave keys attached to it hence not using all 4 keys, excluding the master off switch

On a Key input that is not the master off switch recreate the off scene on one of the spare keys
    Ensure that the when defining the Scene Key that the Action selector is 000. This will then allow the indicator on the Master off key to flash for 20 seconds before the scene is triggered, note in picture the scene is on the unconnected key.
    (Consider group 170 your Off scene)

upload_2022-4-19_16-51-48.png

Then on your All Off key change secondary application to Trigger Control found on the unit identification tab then press the P at the side of the key which will then change to a S. Program the Key to the All off scene Group address and change the function to custom
    upload_2022-4-19_16-57-21.png
    On the Blocks tab set your time interval and ensure the expiry is set to off key
    upload_2022-4-19_16-59-22.png

All being well it should work as you want with one small difference the other lights in your off scene won't trigger either until the scene has been activated which may be an advantage as you have light on the way out.
    Hopefully not too confusing but it can work
    Colin.

Attached Files:

Wonkey, Apr 19, 2022
Ask a Question