Disable PIR re-triggering with Toggle On/Off Key?

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by speedmeup, Dec 16, 2022.

1. speedmeup

speedmeup

Can anyone help me to set up a PIR with a single on/off toggle input key so that the PIR is briefly disabled for a few seconds when the group is switched off by the key? This is to prevent the PIR re-triggering due to motion when leaving the room.

I can make it work with an "off only" key, a timer and a second "disable PIR" group address but I need to be able to switch the light on with that key too.

The problem seems to be that when I try to toggle two blocks from a single key only one of them toggles. But perhaps there is an altogether better way to achieve what must be a fairly common request?

speedmeup, Dec 16, 2022
  2. speedmeup

speedmeup

I think I figured it out. Leaving this here for future reference as it took me a while. Any suggestions for improvement very welcome!

Attached Files:

speedmeup, Dec 16, 2022
  3. speedmeup

Ashley

There is an application note for this from years ago floating around somewhere. Unfortunately since Schneider took over lots of good information has disappeared from public view.

Ashley, Dec 16, 2022
  4. speedmeup

speedmeup

Interesting. I wonder if they're archived anywhere. I couldn't find them on the wayback machine. I pity anyone new having to figure that out for themselves in the field. Even if they do it in half my time it's still a big waste of time. Hope someone finds this useful in future.

speedmeup, Dec 16, 2022
Ask a Question