Disable a Neo

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nick Gale, Sep 1, 2005.

1. Nick Gale

Nick Gale

I have a customer who has three Neo's in a function room that they want to disable when they are using a touchscreen as a master controller. i.e. stop kids playing with the buttons during a wedding for example!

My thought is to provide a C-touch as the master controller and logic engine, but how can the neo's be disabled? Would also like to use the logic engine to provide room joins between the three Neo's as the suite can be split into three.

The logic engine is new to the UK, so any ideas on how to achieve this would be greatfully received.

Thanks

Nick Gale, Sep 1, 2005
  2. Nick Gale

Newman

To disable the Neo's you could put the Neo's and output channels on different Group Addresses and link them together using the Logic Engine. You could then enable or disable the link between them with a Group Address that is controlled from the Touch Screen.

A pending firmware update for the Neo, Saturn and Reflection range switches will enable you to enable or disable the keypad of the unit directly using a group address, but this is still a little way away.

An example of how to do 2-room Join Mode using the Logic Engine can be found here: http://www.cbusforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1282 You might be able to extend this to 3 rooms, but the level of complexity goes up exponentially as you add more rooms.

Newman, Sep 1, 2005
Ask a Question