Dimming with thimer functions

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by znelbok, May 8, 2010.

1. znelbok

znelbok

The kids are forever leaving the lights on everywhere so I am going to have to put timers in for all the lights they use.

Problem is that most are on dimmers and I can't work out how to retain the dimming functionality and trigger a timer as well? Basically a long and short release should (re)trigger the timer.

Is this possible?

Mick

znelbok, May 8, 2010
  2. znelbok

ashleigh Moderator

If there is an IDLE microfunction on the Just Pressed event (which I suspect there is), then put your START or RETRIG in there instead.

ashleigh, May 9, 2010
  3. znelbok

Don

Ashleigh's suggestion will work, but only if the unit has a firmware version higher than 1.00.

Early units' START function always turned ON the load (so you would have no way to turn off the load).

Fortunately this shortcoming was discovered fairly early in the history of C-Bus.

Don, May 9, 2010
  4. znelbok

znelbok

I assume you are talking about the Short Press Micro Function and not some extra function I dont know about.

Thanks for the pointer

Mick

znelbok, May 9, 2010
  5. znelbok

Don

No new key press events. Just Pressed = Short press.

Just pressed is a more accurate description - the event will happen at the instant the button press has been established (after the debounce time) irrespective of how long the button is held.

Toolkit calls it short press - I'm not sure when this crept in, but it seems it's here to stay.

Don, May 9, 2010
  6. znelbok

ashleigh Moderator

Oops. those 2 terms get used interchangeable. One of the whoopsies of history and miscommunication that seems to stick around :-(

ashleigh, May 10, 2010
  7. znelbok

znelbok

Thanks

I also wanted that clarified in case there was anyone in future reading this as well.

Mick

znelbok, May 11, 2010
Ask a Question