Dimming lights via Remote Control

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by Zorro, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Zorro

Zorro

Hi everyone,

I recently CBUS in a home and used the Saturn range of glass switches, CTS and so forth. The customer has come back to me and asked if he is able to use a CBUS remote control to dim the lights in his bedroom. I've heard that the remote control units do not work on the Saturn range as the IR signal can not penetrate throught the glass face of the switch, is this correct?

If so is there another way that I am able to dim the lights via remote control, ie, via a wireless gateway. The house also has all of the TV's, Printers, Computers, etc connected via a wired network, these all go back to a hub via Starserve.

Another thing, if I do go with the Wireless Gateway would that enable the client to use his Smartphone to as a remote as well?

Any ideas and assistance is always greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Aleks

Zorro, Aug 22, 2013
  2. Zorro

Roosta

Hello Mr Zorro..

This is technically correct although I have seen some creativity before to get around this problem..

There are numerous ways to get around this.. A CBUS Wireless gateway along with a free-locate switch or wireless saturn remote would probably be my initial preference.. Alternative you could look at implementing a Wiser Home Controller to give access via smart phone and tablet..

No.

Cheers.

Roosta, Aug 22, 2013
  3. Zorro

rhamer

I have sent you a PM regarding an option for wireless control.

Cheers

Rohan

rhamer, Aug 22, 2013
  4. Zorro

Ashley

You could just install a 5753PEIRL multi-sensor in the bedroom to get IR control.

Ashley, Aug 22, 2013
  5. Zorro

Zorro

Thanks for your replies gentlemen. Good idea put forward by you Rohan, I'll reply to your message.

Aleks

Zorro, Aug 26, 2013
Ask a Question