Dimmers not ramping to 0%

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by brodsky, Jul 31, 2007.

1. brodsky

brodsky

Hi,

We're busy with an installation with a problem we never experienced before.

When lights are ramped to 0% (as part of a scene) over anything from 4 secondes upwards, the lights do not switch off at the end of the ramp cycle, but keep burning very dimly (1%??). The indicators on the DLT's also reflects that they are still on.

All the products are new (bought Dec 2006) & this condition is true for normal incandescents as well as LV halogen lights. We are also just using wirewound trannies in this installation.

The funny thing is that when you hit the scene button a second time (after they stopped at this 1%), the lights go out immediately.
    My scenes are all set up in a colour touch screen & I've tried all the settings that could be relevant. Another thing to mention is that this condition did not happen immediately after download and testing, but only appeared after a while (maybe a day).

Any ideas please?

Thanks

brodsky, Jul 31, 2007
  2. brodsky

paulw11

Try the diagnostic

Hi,

I would start with the CBus Diagnostic tool - Have a look as to what commands are actually being sent on the CBus. Because you can turn the channels off with a second press it seems that the problem is in the DLT programming rather that the dimmer unit programming.

Perhaps the diagnostics will give you a clue.

Paul

paulw11, Jul 31, 2007
  3. brodsky

Dave Byron

brodsky
    The search function on forum always a good start lots of stuff on what you talking about
    Also bet in the touch you got this box ticked

dave

Attached Files:

Dave Byron, Jul 31, 2007
  4. brodsky

brodsky

Hi guys,

I'll try the diagnostic tool. See attached image of my settings. The affected scenes are triggered from the CTC as well as DLT's.

When I try to simulate the problem on my touchscreen though, all works fine, but not with the real mcCoy.

Will keep you posted.

Thanks

brodsky, Aug 1, 2007
  5. brodsky

brodsky

Oops,

Attachment.:eek:

Attached Files:

brodsky, Aug 1, 2007
  6. brodsky

brodsky

Hi guys,

I did surf the forum a bit last week & got one particularly simular error, but trying to find it now......:mad:

In any case, the reply to the problem was that it is/was a software issue that would be addressed in the next version PICED.

Is this the case? I haven't been back to the site to run the diagnostic s/w yet, but it would be interesting to see.

Thanks
    Brodsky

brodsky, Aug 13, 2007
Ask a Question