dimmer not ramping up

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by znelbok, Sep 27, 2004.

1. znelbok

znelbok

I have three loads set to dim from the one key input. The key is set up as a dimmer (toggle) and no more fancy stuff is used.

The load will toggle on and off fine, but you can only ramp down with the dimming function. If you release and then press again it continues to ramp down.

Anyone seen this before.

One option I have not tried yet is to set the three loads to the same name, although I have a similar setup elsewhere in the house and it works fine, yet there is another load that is exibiting the same behaviour from a different key input as well.

I have checked the config and can spot nothing wrong with it.

Mick

znelbok, Sep 27, 2004
  2. znelbok

UncleDick

This is a new one on me can you confirm that the commands are Short Press - IDLE, Short Release - TOGGLE, Long Press - DNCYCLE, Long Release - ENDRAMP. What happens if you program another key on another plate to do the same action? What key style? (not that it should matter but......)

UncleDick, Oct 1, 2004
  3. znelbok

znelbok

(after upgrading OS and witing for new version) I have finally got back to this thread

The config for the key is idle, toggle, dncycle, endramp. The standard dimmer funtion.

I changed the groups in the dimmer module so that the three chennels that were a b and c are now all a and the dimming works properly. is this a bugin the system. I will have to do some more testing to confirm this, but the three light circuits that had the problem have been fixed this way

znelbok, Nov 6, 2004
  4. znelbok

Michael

I spoke to the tech support guys about this not so long ago.......
    The loads will ramp up from 0% but will only ramp down if already on. :(

Apparently its a firmware issue, which is being fixed.

Michael, Nov 8, 2004
  5. znelbok

Newman

Yep, known issue in Neo units is that when a Toggle dimmer is used to control multiple groups at once the dimming direction doesn't update. You'll need to use 2 keys and make one an up-key and the other a down-key to do both reliably on multiple groups.

This issue has been fixed in the DLT unit however that supports full Scene Modify keys anyway. We're hoping to address this issue in future Neo units soon.

Newman, Nov 8, 2004
  6. znelbok

Bad Boy Bubby

Is this only a problem on NEO? I have dun this in past with 2000 series no probs

Bad Boy Bubby, Nov 8, 2004
  7. znelbok

Newman

Problem doesn't exist in 2000 series, only Neo, Saturn and Reflection series. DLT is fine, bus coupler is fine etc.

Newman, Nov 8, 2004
Ask a Question