Dimmer Control of Multiple Groups Problem

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by glusty, Jul 1, 2008.

1. glusty

glusty

I'm having trouble controlling multiple groups using the monochrome C-Touch. I have four sets of lights on separate dimmer channels and would like to have a "master" dimmer button on a main page that controls them as one group (turn all on, all off, all dim up together, etc) but have another page with four sliders to control them individually.

Currently I have set up a dummy group (eg "Lights-All") that I've associated with the 4 channels on the dimmer unit in the Toolkit "Logic" tab and assigned the master dimmer button to this group. This works for master dimmer button but the page with the individual sliders does not recognise the state of the lights and to use the sliders I have to first turn the master dimmer off and then use the sliders.

Using NEO switches it's possible to control multiple groups with a single button by assigning additional groups under the "Blocks" tab. I really just want to be able to achieve the same thing on the C-Touch panel but I can't find an equivalent functionality.

Any suggestions???

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2008
    glusty, Jul 1, 2008
  2. glusty

Mark

Scenes!

Hi Glusty,

You can do what you want by creating a scene with the 4 groups in the C-Touch. You can then control the scene via a Slider, Dimmer Button, On/Off Button etc.
    The level displayed for the scene will be the level of the first group in the scene.

Good luck!
    Mark.

Mark, Jul 1, 2008
  3. glusty

glusty

Hi Mark

Thanks for a quick response. I did try this before with limited success - I was able to get a C-Touch Dimmer button to turn a scene on, turn off, and dim down but it wouldn't dim up. I'll experiment further. Are there particular scene settings you would suggest (as a scene normally has fixed level settings)?

Cheers

Grant

glusty, Jul 2, 2008
  4. glusty

Mark

Nudge / Ramp only On Groups in Scenes

Hi again,

Try deselecting the "Nudge / Ramp only On Groups in Scenes" tick box on the C-Bus Options page of the Project Details wizard.
    If this option is enabled it will not ramp up groups in a scene that are off. Disabling it ensures all groups in the scene are ramped.

Cheers,
    Mark.

Mark, Jul 2, 2008
  5. glusty

glusty

Sorry Mark, forgot to stay thanks for this - All working great now.

Cheers

Grant

glusty, Aug 1, 2008
Ask a Question