Dimmer circuits keeps switching on

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by carlg, Apr 8, 2009.

1. carlg

carlg

I have a project where certain lights keep switching on on their own. I have check the program so many times to see if a group was being controlled some where esle, but no.
    I have not seen the problem my self, but my client says it keeps happening, but it is mainly only one circuit, but he has said other areas of the house has also come on. We have left a pc on the network to record a log, but we still cant seem to find what is bring the lights on.

carlg, Apr 8, 2009
  2. carlg

deanonz

I had a problem with loss of power on relay mainly when power was restored channells would come on due to incorrect recovery settings. Could you have a loose connection on the power to thr relay.

deanonz, Apr 9, 2009
  3. carlg

darrenblake

Circuits turning on

Hi,

Do you have have a clean power supply to the property??. Do you have a generator or solar power / inverter supply???
    Many years ago, i witnessed a similar isssue with a site in Alice Springs in the Northern Territory of Australia.
    After much testing and verification, it was found that an unstable power supply (due to Generator) was causing the issue. At the time, this was due to the C-Bus going into a fault condition if the supply frequency varied from the 50hz by +/- 10%

darrenblake, Apr 9, 2009
  4. carlg

carlg

From what we have been told, there are no issues from the power, well thats what the owner and also the electrican has said. I have checked all of the connections to make sure there are none that may be loose. All appears to be ok.

carlg, Apr 11, 2009
  5. carlg

Godwin Mathew

hi

hello

I too have a site which has more than 140 units per floors...each floor i have two networks...there i have atleast 2 network burden and 3-5 clocks per network..everything working fine...but now i face few problem lights in one room gets off automatically..there is no timer or sensor...again i have to switch on the lights from key input...this happens evry 15- 45 mins...i checked the program...there is no repetition of group address...

This problem is there in my office alsoo...only 15-20 units in my office..only one network...same problem...

waiting for the reply...

Godwin Mathew, Apr 13, 2009
  6. carlg

anupam

Probable solution

Hi All,

It seems to be some kind of problem with your wiring. I had faced a similar problem before. Are there places where you have the CAT-5/CAT-6 cable in close conjection with Mains cable. Maintain the distance between these two cables. Also try disabling Current and Any application learn feature under Global tab. This might solve your problem. What happens is that whenever your mains cable is close to CAT5 cable, it distorts the data sent and causing the lights turning on on their own.

Regards,

Anupam

anupam, Apr 16, 2009
Ask a Question