Dimmable LED Downlight Options - Single Owner Experience

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Roti, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Roti

mallsop

Leading Edge

Thanks for the posts about which LEDs work with cBus, your testing saves others lots of pain.

Talking to Lumitex about the Barricade and newer Multilux, they were very helpful, but when I mentioned cBus leading edge dimmers, they came back saying they didn't endorse their lights on cBus leading edge dimmers. Although they seem to work ok, they haven't tested, and read a Clipsal statement about potential issues with leading edge dimmers and many LED drivers. (I should have asked for a copy, so I could quote the reason).

Problem is, having mostly 8-ch leading edge dimmers installed, changing them over to 4-ch universal is not desirable.

I've only heard good things about the Barricade: has anyone had issues with Barricades and leading edge over long periods?

I'm thinking of starting to use relays & LEDs with 0-10v drivers instead, to avoid the dimmer issues...

mallsop, Apr 12, 2014
  2. Roti

david s

leading edge - barricade

I've got around 30 of the barricades running over 6 rooms on the 8 channel LE dimmers. Running them for over 12 months and last week had one driver fail which has been the only fault. May be unrelated to dimmer. I've left some room in my board so if I ever get two cheap universal dimmers I'll swap out the 8 channel leading edge.

Haven't had any issues with them, they dim reasonably well linearly and flicker is negligible - I have another brand installed that flickers with the hot water control frequency and in comparison the barricades are great.

Just a reminder for them to properly work you need a minimum of two on a circuit.

david s, Apr 12, 2014
  3. Roti

DarylMc

Just another update on the Pierlite Starburst I installed in my office.

December 2011, nearly two and a half years ago.

They are connected to an 8 Channel Leading Edge dimmer.
    Two per channel.

No failures, no problems with dimming, reasonable light output and colour.

Hopefully cheaper now.

http://www.cbusforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7217&highlight=starburst

DarylMc, Apr 12, 2014
Ask a Question