Dim multiple lights from a single button

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by mich, May 19, 2011.

1. mich

mich

Hi,

I have a wiser unit and some DLT switches and am wondering how I can set a button on a switch so that I can have multiple lights (across multiple dimmer modules) be toggle-dimmed by the one button (just like you can with a single light very easily).

I have managed to get 2 things working that get close but neither is ideal;

1) Link the blocks on the switch so that one button sets multiple lights to all toggle-dim as pressing the buttons individually would. This is exactly what I want except if say I want 5 channels to be controlled with a single button that wastes 5 buttons as I still need to assign each channel to a button so they can be linked.

2) Have 1 button for a scene with all channels I want to turn on, and a second button to toggle-dim scene modify - which also turns the lights off on a short press.

Is there a better way to do this-basically I want the same as scene modify but without having to have to select the scene first. I thought I might be able to use some logic in the wiser to do this possible but dont know how.

ps: Definately enjoying the Wiser unit so far.

Cheers;
    Michael.

mich, May 19, 2011
  2. mich

Don

If you always want the same set of lights across multiple dimmer modules to work together, of course you can achieve what you want by simply giving all channels the same address (duplicate address in different channels of the same dimmer are allowed).

With your first suggestion, if you are using DLT, of course the additional switches you link can be on the 'second page', so normally would not appear. If you make all key functions for the second page of keys 'Idle', then the DLT will only display one page of set of four keys, and the 'page' button will have no effect when pressed.

Don, May 19, 2011
Ask a Question