Diffrent levels of Dim at diffrent time of day

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by [email protected], Apr 5, 2005.

1. arnis@nyherji.is

[email protected]

If f.e. I have a PIR mounted in a hallway, and during the day I want the lights to switch on at 100% but during the night I want them at 30%

as i understand it the pir can do this based on the internal light level sensor, but that would not be a practical solutions for this case, as this is a hallway with no direct windows, and allso in Iceland during the winter time it gets dark around 17:00 but it?s not night yet,

So I need this control based on time of day, or a button I could press saying I am gone to sleep and after that it would be dimmed this way.

can this be done with the standard equipment ?
    I also plan on installing Homegate v3 would it be better to implement this usign Homegate ?

thanks. :)

[email protected], Apr 5, 2005
  2. arnis@nyherji.is

Newman

There are a couple of ways to do this and the way that gives you the most flexiblility would be to use the V3 Homegate but, if you're prepared to push a button once you've gone to sleep, there's a simpler way.

You can use the Logic in the output unit to change the maximum level. On the key unit you can change the key functions to IDLE, RECALL1, RECALL2, IDLE. Set the Recall 1 level to 100% and your Recall 2 level to 30% for that button/group. On the dimmer assign a logic group to be the same as that for the key unit and select Min logic. This group is a different one to that is controlled by the PIR. This will limit the channel output to the lesser of the normal channel group and the logic group.

To use simply press the button for 1 second or so before you go to bed. This will set the level of the logic group to 30% and the Min logic will limit the channel output to 30% when the PIR turns on. When you get up in the morning a short press of the button will set the logic group to 100% and when the PIR triggers the channel will turn on at 100%.

Here's a picture of the logic set up for an 8-channel dimmer. Hope this helps.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2005
    Newman, Apr 6, 2005
  3. arnis@nyherji.is

[email protected]

Great thanks Newman

sound like a easy solution, will try this atleast until I get Homegate V3

[email protected], Apr 6, 2005
Ask a Question