Different PIR Sensors 5751 vs 5750WPL

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by impact, Feb 8, 2010.

1. impact

impact

Playing around with external PIR sensors - I have 5 of the little buggers, and tonight was too hot to sleep - so it was time to get them working properly...

Four of them come up in the toolkit as "SENPIROA - Passive Infrared Motion Detector, Outdoor" and has a catalogue part of 5750WPL. I have these all working perfectly (I think)

One of them comes up in the toolkit as "SENPIRSS - Passive Infrared Motion Detector" with a catalogue number of 5751. I cant get this one to work at all.... The picture of it looks more like an internal 5751L - You know the wall mounted ball thing.

The item is definately an external looking PIR - looking exactly like a 5750WPL, has the markings / serial number info - but its being scanned incorrectly.

(I have no 5751L's on this circuit, and the serial number matches in the toolkit!)

Have I got some kind of transformer unit (the Tv / movie show - not a transformer), and when I look away from the unit it really is an internal unit, and when I look at it, it transforms into the external unit.

Its driving me batty - searching here I cant find anyone else with this problem? So it must be me....

I have reset the unit back to its factory settings, I have unplugged it, plugged it in again, done heaps of scans - still it thinks its a 5751...

Any help on this ?
    Thanks.

impact, Feb 8, 2010
  2. impact

Newman

In the earlier days of C-Bus motion sensors, all units used the same unit type of SENPIRSS, regardless of whether they were indoor, outdoor or 360 degree units.

Back in about 2005, the unit types of all of the PIR sensors were changed so that they were unique, depending upon which version they were. The outdoor model became the SENPIROA, the indoor corner unit became the SENPIRIA and the 360 degree flush-mount unit became the SENPIRIB.

When Toolkit scans a network, it takes a 'best-guess' at what the catalogue number might be. For PIR's, the highest volume item at the time was the 5751L, so that's the catalogue number and picture that Toolkit chooses to use when it comes across a SENPIRSS. If you manually correct the catalogue number, and save to the database, the next time you open the unit UI you should see the correct unit picture.

So, to summarise, your SENPIRSS 5750WPL should be just fine, it just happens to be manufactured prior to the change in unit types.

Newman, Feb 8, 2010
  3. impact

impact

Thanks - I never even thought to edit the catalogue number - LOL

impact, Feb 8, 2010
Ask a Question