Dialler issues

Discussion in 'Homesafe & Security Access & Control' started by LCC, Oct 27, 2006.

1. LCC

LCC

I have recently set up the dialler on the 5400/16CB, which phones a mobile phone number.

We are having trouble getting the system to recognise the communication from the mobile, and it continues to keep ringing. I believe you either pulse the hash key or hold down the hash key for two seconds.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated :confused:

LCC, Oct 27, 2006
  2. LCC

Darpa

Hi LCC,

I may not be on the right track here, but a number of mobile phones (especially Nokia's) do not send tones over the phone line when the key is pressed on the phone. If you are using a Nokia to try and make the inbound call, try opening the menu on the phone once the call has been initiated (as soon as you hear the line riniging), and look for an option that says "Send DTMF Tones", and then try pressing the Hash key, as this will cause the correct tone for the hash key to be sent.

Hope I am on the right track, and I hope this helps.

Regards,
    Darpa :)

Darpa, Oct 27, 2006
  3. LCC

JasonCox

I have a nokia phone (and have had quite a few) with 2 different installations dialling me and I have no problem at all. I have found that you must let the 'Beeps' stop for the first cycle before pressing the hash button. Once pressed, the dialer will hang up on you and won't call back.:)

You will know if your phone is sending DTMF tones because when you accept a call and press a button, you will hear it, and so will the person (or machine) on the other end.

JasonCox, Oct 30, 2006
  4. LCC

coppo

Options

first of all "quoting from the book".

make sure these settings are done;

P86E 4E

P76E 1-8 off
    P77E 1-8 off
    P78E 1-8 off

----------------------------------------------

The typical button people use is "HASH", this buttons does not
    work on nokia phones because....

nokia hash button is line1/line2 swapping... for it to send a tone it normally
    has to be pressed a few times.....so pressing it once and holding will not send
    any tone.

Nokia users should push the "2" button as it does not have alternative functions.

---------------------------------

coppo, Nov 1, 2006
  5. LCC

LCC

Thanks for the input guys, I shall try it out next time on site :D

LCC, Nov 2, 2006
Ask a Question