Diagnostic Utility

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Paul Shone, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Paul Shone

Paul Shone

Hi all,

I have some some issues with a multi network site, to resolve these I am running the diagnostic utility. I wish to monitor all messages between two networks, the local (245) and an adjacent network (247), the diagnostic utility is connected, logging enabled, filtering is set up for these two networks only and set to monitor both Tx & Rx messages (see attached image).

However, I have a number of questions:

1, Why do only get messages originating from network 247 (0xF7) and not network 254 (0xFE) when they have both been selected?
    2, Why when I have selected both Tx & Rx do I only get Rx data?
    3, Why do some messages have lighting group values in percentile an others not when when all the originating units are identical both in type and configuration (see image 2)?
    4,what is the meaning of the message "network control, SB" as in image 3?
    5,Could you please point me in the direction of any documentation that details these messages.

Thanks in advance

Paul

Attached Files:

Paul Shone, Feb 9, 2012
  2. Paul Shone

Darren Senior Member

The C-Bus Interface (PCI or CNI) will only report messages which were addressed to the network it is connected to. It will not show messages from that network to another network, nor messages passing through the network from a second network to a third network.

In this case, I assume your interface is connected to network 254. Messages destined for network 254 (from 254 or 247) will be seen. Messages destined for 247 (from 254 or 247) will not be seen.

See the C-Bus Networks document for details.

I think this is the same issue as above.

Not all levels map exactly to a %. If the level is an exact % it is shown that way, otherwise the level will be shown.

This is a network management message. You can ignore it.

The open protocol documentation can be obtained from the C-Bus Enabled Program web site, but there is generally no need for someone to have an understanding of the details of the messages.

Darren, Feb 9, 2012
Ask a Question