"Development Sample Only" bought on ebay

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by fleetz, Jan 31, 2007.

1. fleetz

fleetz

CIS directed question...

Won a used 5812R10FAA on ebay (let the buyer beware!) Just recieved it and on the side of the unit it states "Development Sample Only". No mention of this in the ebay advertising which I have contacted the seller about.

Just wondering how a "Development Sample Only" finds it way out into the market? Is this common?

My bitch is (not with CIS) the firmware might not be final and there may be some issues not only with firmware but also it's RF performance.

The unit has a barecode with model no, DOM = 26/8/04 and a serial number of 001001012122.

Can anyone at CIS let me know what I am likely to have bought in terms compartively to current production? Is there likely any known issues?

I am unable to verify it's operation as the Wirless Gateway is on order at I will have it soon.

Thanks and regards,

Fleetz

fleetz, Jan 31, 2007
  2. fleetz

Duncan

Duncan, Feb 1, 2007
  3. fleetz

ashleigh Moderator

Very disappointing.

Development samples were sent to a small number of supposedly trusted customers for evaluation. They are not commercially saleable items and are supposed to be returned to CIS if no longer required.

It probably has old firmware and CIS can give no guarantee of whether it will operate correctly or not.

Your seller has unfortunately been less than honest.

ashleigh, Feb 1, 2007
  4. fleetz

Josh

That is putting it mildly.

Josh, Feb 1, 2007
  5. fleetz

mattfurlong

Definitely buyer beware .. I'd be looking for my money back on that one. If the seller doesn't agree to that, go straight through the dispute resolution process. For your sake, I hope you paid via PayPal - they tend to take the buyer's side in any dispute.

mattfurlong, Feb 1, 2007
  6. fleetz

rhamer

If you complain through ebay, in my experience you will most likely get your money back.

The reason is because the seller did not have legal ownership of the item they were selling.

I found this out the hard way when I tried to sell a foxtel remote control that I no longer used (and thought I owned because I had bought it second hand). The ebay folk came down quite hard on me.

Cheers

Rohan

rhamer, Feb 1, 2007
Ask a Question