desktop or older b&w touch backlight

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by Nathan, Apr 14, 2008.

1. Nathan

Nathan

ive noticed that with the new firmware you cant get the backlight totally off. Has this got something to do with the new firware. ive tried all different ways any ideas. firware is 3.13 mot

Nathan, Apr 14, 2008
  2. Nathan

Mark

Backlight

Hi Nathan,

I think you will find these is just the way the default backlight curves are set up in PICED. The idea was to leave the backlight on a little bit when its dark so you can still see the screen.

You should be able to get it to go completely off by going to the Backlight Control page of the Project Details wizard, then dragging the Min and Max sliders down to the bottom. (They may look like they are at the bottom already, but I'm fairly confident they are actually at 1% :rolleyes: )

Cheers,
    Mark.

Mark, Apr 14, 2008
  3. Nathan

Nathan

Ive tried moving the backlight to 0% form the default 1% and still I get the very dull light enough to light up the room when dark.

Can this feature be tested by someone in CIS. I rang CIS yesterday tried all these different methods still no luck. Someone was going to ring me back after they tested it to confirm it wasnt a faulty desk top c touch. Its getting on our customers nerve and mine.

Nathan, Apr 15, 2008
  4. Nathan

Mark

Oops

Hi Nathan,

I've tried it on my unit and confirm the backlight is still on a tiny bit when its at 0%.
    I've logged the issue in our database and will get it fixed in the next firmware release.

Sorry for the troubles...
    Mark.

Mark, Apr 15, 2008
  5. Nathan

Nathan

Thank you
    I have one at home with firware 2.22 and it goes totally black.
    Any idea on when the next release will be to overcome this bug?
    Would it affect or is it possible to roll back to 2.22 firware?

Nathan, Apr 15, 2008
  6. Nathan

Mark

Hi,

The next firmware release is not too far away. Can't comment on official release dates of course ;)

If you are desperate you could roll back, but you would need to download the compatible version of PICED off the web page. Any new components in your project that have been added since that version of PICED would not show up (think bar graphs, horizontal sliders, HVAC, security etc.)

If possible, i'd wait!

Cheers,
    Mark.

Mark, Apr 16, 2008
  7. Nathan

Darren Senior Member

I use a time-out page which is black with white components and writing on it. That makes the overall light from the screen much less.

There is even a new feature in PICED to help with this. The Page | Negative Colours menu item will make the colours negative (i.e. change white to black and vice versa).

Darren, Apr 16, 2008
  8. Nathan

Nathan

Backlight Issues

Still waiting on the backlight firware fix as per my post in April
    customer still holding money because the light annoys him can this be fixed soon.

Nathan, Jun 11, 2008
  9. Nathan

Darren Senior Member

We are trying to get another release done very soon.

Darren, Jun 12, 2008
Ask a Question