DENON IR Codes Do Not Work

Discussion in 'Infrared (NIRT, IR Reader) and CIRCA' started by Sam, Apr 3, 2006.

1. Sam

Sam

Has anyone had any luck getting Denon Amps and DVD's IR Codes to work ?

I have tryed the pre learnt codes that come with the Circa software and also codes that I have learned in myself. Both seam to use the Sharp Protocol and any Denon codes that have the Sharp Protocol in them seam to put out no IR that I can Detect. If I try another brand of equipment it all works. If I learn in another brand then again it all works. Just none of the Denon.

Any help would be great as I have tryed just about everething I can think of.

Sam

Sam, Apr 3, 2006
  2. Sam

Newman

Denon gear has one of the most painful IR formats and it's hard for the NIRT to reproduce it. There are a few tricks to try and they work on some Denon gear and not others. Suggest that you contact Tech Support to see if they can help you out.

Newman, Apr 4, 2006
  3. Sam

desd

Has there been any solutions to the "Denon" IR learning problem?
    We need to integrate 2 x Denon AVR-4306's with MRA in a current project.
    The other universal remotes used (Pronto Pro and Nevo) have had no problems learning the codes and controlling the equipment.
    Both the learnt codes as well as the ones in the Marpa database do not produce any IR output out of the the MRA unit (I wonder why they are in the database if they are known not to work?)
    As other forum members have said, Denon is a very popular brand in the custom instal market and so a resolution to the "PITA" must be found.
    BTW, serial control of Denon's using a PACA works 100% but not all Denon gear comes with serial option.

desd, Sep 16, 2007
Ask a Question