Delayed Off Command

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mark_curd, Apr 16, 2009.

1. mark_curd

mark_curd

Hi All,

I searched the forums but didn't fine the answer I was looking for.

I'm just putting together a list of c-bus equipment that I will need to start converting some of my house. All work will be carried out by a qualified installer, I want to learn as much as I can (spending a good 2-3 hours a day on here reading up etc) as I would like to get involved in the setup of the system and have a good understanding of how it works.

Any advice here would be gratefully appreciated.

I would like to know the best solution for achieving a timed delayed off command. For example, say I have a 4ch L5540d2a dimmer in which 2 channels control the bedroom lighting, I have say the main light set to 40% and a bedside lamp to 80%. I would like to be able to press a button on the key input (Neo for example) which will turn the lights off in 10min time.

From what I understand so far the PAC unit could offer this type of control through a written logic code. If this is the case could someone give an example of the type of coding I should be using.

Thanks in advance

Mark

mark_curd, Apr 16, 2009
  2. mark_curd

filpee

If you have a DLT, reflection, NEO or saturn key switch you can setup a button to trigger a scene to (slowly) ramp these lights off over 10 mins.

In code you might program the button as a bell press and code it up sort of like

Code:
    once (getLightingState(GA) = ON)then
    begin
      timerStart(1)
    end;

once(timerTime(1) = 600) then {600seconds = 10 mins}
    begin
      setScene('Bedroom Off')
    end;

Please note that this code is probably semantically incorrect as I am doing it from memory. But you get the idea.

Press button -> start timer -> wait for timer to reach 10 mins -> set off scene (or turn off from within code).

filpee, Apr 16, 2009
  3. mark_curd

mark_curd

Thanks for that, just read up on a load of logic and now understand the basics of it. Going to download the Toolkit & PICED to get a feel for it and try some basic coding.

What would you recommend for advance/funky control? like lights chasing each other or tread lighting that follows you.
    Would a C-touch be better over a PAC, program feature wise? not taking into account the screen side of things.

mark_curd, Apr 16, 2009
Ask a Question