Deciphering C-Gate messages

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by MichaelCarey, Aug 10, 2004.

1. MichaelCarey

MichaelCarey

Hi Everybody,
    Can someone please help me understand what C-Gate it trying to tell me when it spits out error messages? I have attached a screen shot of my C-Gate PC with some wierd messages. How does v1.5 C-Gate handle applications other than lighting? I also use $CA and $CB in my system.
    Regards,
    Michael.

Attached Files:

MichaelCarey, Aug 10, 2004
  2. MichaelCarey

Phil.H

C-Gate Messages

Michael.

It appears C-Gate has not made a valid connection to a C-Bus network. There could be several reasons for this, however, assuming you have a functioning C-Bus network connected to the machine you are using then you need to tell C-Gate how to connect to that network. This is done in the "Networks.txt" file. Better still read the Users Guide in the online documentation, it is excellent and comprehensive.

C:\Clipsal\C-Gate1.5\Online Documentation\C-Gate Manuals

Phil.H, Aug 10, 2004
  3. MichaelCarey

znelbok

Please restrict image size

please learn to use alt+print screen. That will only capture the active window and cut your inage down significantly.

Us poor people on a 28K dialup are really suffering with the large image in the threads.

Mick

znelbok, Aug 10, 2004
  4. MichaelCarey

Jannie

I get the same error messages on my C-Gate system. Do you have more than one network? I don't believe it's a connection related problem.

I have three networks bridged with a C-Gate connection to each, via 3 PC interfaces. I always assumed the error messages was to do with the fact that the bridges will pass info onto one of the networks where C-Gate will not know the group.

Does this make sense?

Jannie, Aug 12, 2004
  5. MichaelCarey

Phil.H

C-Gate & Networks

The first thing that should be checked is the C-Gate licence. If you are using a standard version of C-Gate it is most probably a single network licence. When C-Gate first runs it checks the "network.txt" file to establish the number of networks, the path to same, etc. If you only have a single network licenced version of C-Gate then there is your problem. If you got C-Gate with Schedule Plus or Homegate software you need to ensure you purchase the correct package in terms of networks so the version of C-Gate which comes with it is licenced accordingly.

Drop a line if you have further problems here.

Phil.H, Aug 12, 2004
  6. MichaelCarey

MichaelCarey

I learn new things every day. I never knew that alt+print screen did that. I suppose if I waded through the WinXP help stuff it might mention it some where. I will remember for future reference....

I have only one network, I obtained C-Gate with my HomeGate package.
    I have multiple applications in use :- lighting, enable and control. I have defined the active group addresses in these applications in a file called "1" which is in the /clipsal/c-gate/net folder. But I still get weird messages come up occasionally. I just want to know how to read what they mean...

MichaelCarey, Aug 13, 2004
  7. MichaelCarey

Darren Senior Member

The first 3 messages relate to group address 1 being switched. If group address 1 does not exist in the C-Gate model (i.e. it is a Phantom Group) then it will report that it is "unknown". Do a "tree" on the network to see if group 1 is listed.

The rest of the messages are because you must have a telephone interface and the phone is ringing. C-Gate V1.5 does not support the telephony application, and hence can't interpret the messages.

Darren, Aug 13, 2004
Ask a Question