Dead CBus2 panel?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Glockers, Aug 15, 2020.

1. Glockers

Glockers

Hi,

We have a CBus system in an apartment we have just bought. It is about 8 years old give or take. There are 3 modules and one of them appears to have “died”. None of the lights etc on this module work. And there is no light on the module itself. Our electrician has checked and there is power going to panel.

The conclusion is “it’s dead” and a replacement will cost approx. $1200 plus labour.

I just wanted to check that this is the only option. Can the module itself be replaced or repaired? 3CFA5E0D-6B5B-4F09-B385-3F4ADEAAA74E.jpeg

Glockers, Aug 15, 2020
  2. Glockers

chromus

Did he continuity check the pink cbus cable going to the unit?

There are a lot of sparky out there who don’t fully understand cbus and writeoff components with little troubleshooting beyond checking 240 input power.

You would be better getting a local integrator recommended here to assess it.

You may be able to pickup a reclaimed unit from eBay for a lot less if u are willing to forego warranty.

chromus, Aug 15, 2020
  3. Glockers

Glockers

Thanks for this. I dont know the answer to your question, I suspect not as he didn't mention it. Not sure where to look for integrator? Or a part number for that matter!!

Glockers, Aug 15, 2020
  4. Glockers

chromus

What city/state are u in?

You will likely need an integrator or to do a bit of googling to program the new unit but you will need a sparky to swap the unit for u (some integrator either are sparkys or have 1 they use for their 240 work).

From the looks of it u have an 8channel relay without built in power supply.

chromus, Aug 15, 2020
  5. Glockers

Glockers

Covid City! Melbourne...

$1200 seems a lot for an 8 channel relay without a built in power supply! :)

Glockers, Aug 15, 2020
  6. Glockers

jboer

If you do have a look on eBay for a second hand unit you would be looking for a:
    - L5508RVFP (8 Channel without PSU)
    - L5508RVF (8 Channel Relay with PSU)
    - L5512RVF (12 Channel Relay with PSU)
    - L5512RVFP (12 Channel Relay without PSU).

All of those would work for you, and then I know a couple of Melb based guys who could come and swap it in for you and program it, I am sure there are others here too who could do the same.

Otherwise $1200 is probably about right for a 8 ch relay unit with markup.

jboer, Aug 15, 2020
Ask a Question