Daytime & Light Level Operations?

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by BeoLinker, Feb 25, 2005.

1. BeoLinker

BeoLinker

Hi all,

I am trying to create a facility that will turn off all the lights periodically during day (every hour so) with the following logic....

FOR ALL LIGHTS IN THE HOUSE
    IF (DAY TIME and NOT A DULL DAY*) THEN
    TURN OFF LIGHT

* We have many in the UK!! so I would like to utilise a 5753PEIRL LL sensor to confirm the light level before switching off.

Is it possible to achieve this without "software"? (awaiting HomeGateX)

Cheers
    Greg...

BeoLinker, Feb 25, 2005
  2. BeoLinker

Michael

Alas, i think logic is needed. Inverting a command is not easily done.

Cheers,

Michael

Michael, Feb 28, 2005
  3. BeoLinker

Newman

You can probably achieve the "Lights On when light level is low" function using the Bank Switching feature of the 5753PEIRL. This will allow you to turn on (or off) the lights when the light level is below a certain level. If you use this to control one of the AND logic groups in an output unit then you can set it up so that you can manually turn on/off the lights but they will automatically turn off if the ambient light level gets too high.

Regarding the "IF DAYTIME" function however, you'll need some kind of scheduler to make this happen and that will mean using something like a C-Touch or HomeGate/Schedule+.

Newman, Mar 3, 2005
Ask a Question