Daylight harvesting

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by more-solutions, Jul 3, 2014.

1. more-solutions

more-solutions

I'm about to undertake a project with ~20-off 5753PEIRL, covering a large mostly open plan area, with dimmable LED fittings via DALI gateways.

The intention is to achieve certain desk height Lux targets with daylight harvesting.

Any hints/tips/warnings before I get started?

more-solutions, Jul 3, 2014
  2. more-solutions

DarylMc

Since the PEIRL in my office have never delivered any lux reading whatsoever, my tip would be not to use them for light levels.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2014
    DarylMc, Jul 3, 2014
  3. more-solutions

more-solutions

Hmm, well that could well be problematic... I hope that's not a general consensus...

4. more-solutions

DarylMc

Yeah I would be glad to hear otherwise too.

DarylMc, Jul 3, 2014
  5. more-solutions

Roosta

Headaches to watch out for.....

- due to wanting to achieve maintaining a desk light level, but the light level sensor being on the ceiling you may have a tough time finding the right level setting balance.. And then it will probably have such a tight threshold that the lights will very regularly adjust.. Not ideal in most offices..

- depending on how you are planning on configuring your dali groups (physically) and your sensor locations you may find some areas lighting not behaving as expected due to getting reflections or light wash from a different area thus giving the sensor a 'false' light level that it actually cant control to try to maintain its set level.. Happens more in open office type environments..

As for the PEIRL, i have setup several and had them functioning happily doing light level maintenance, just a little fiddly to get the levels set right..

Cheers..

Roosta, Jul 3, 2014
  6. more-solutions

DarylMc

Hi Roosta
    That's interesting that you have them working since mine read zero lux no matter what.

DarylMc, Jul 3, 2014
  7. more-solutions

more-solutions

Yeah, that one was foremost in my mind right from the start. I've spent many a "happy" day/night twiddling and tweaking settings (although not on the PEIRLs), and having to go back and start again as seasons change.

The spec seems quite vague about what they want in this regard. Uniformity will be the main requirement I think.

Well that's certainly a relief!

Ask a Question