Dali2 feedback

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Petersteve, Oct 26, 2021.

1. Petersteve

Petersteve

Has anyone used the CBus Dali2 gateway
    If you can give some feedback, thinking of using it.

Petersteve, Oct 26, 2021
  2. Petersteve

bmerrick

Hi Peter,

The two line Clipsal C-Bus DALI2 gateway is fine to use, is stable and reliable. I have very recently used 3 on a residential site with lots of LED strips and LED luminaries with DALI interfaces, no real issues at all.

I used the Clipsal DCDALCIP250-2 Dual DALI power supplies with which you can also program the DALI line from easily with the Clipsal DCCABKIT6 programming cable. The only bummer is that the DALI power supply is white whilst the C-Bus module is C-Bus purple :p. See the board snap

Be aware that a newly developed DALI gateway module (5502CDGP230 - also white, sigh!) is likely to be released into the market soon, being the Schneider Electric SpaceLogic C-Bus DALI-2 Gateway for 2 DALI Lines that merges the PSUs and the DALI gateway into a single 6 DIN module unit (rather than 8 DIN modules which they take separately), though quite a smart looking solution. If you need to move today, you'll be absolutely fine to use the current Clipsal C-Bus DALI2 gateway, but if it's more into the new year, you could probably consider waiting and going with the SpaceLogic 5502CDGP230 instead.

Brad

:eek::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Attached Files:

• L2.JPG
      L2.JPG
      File size:
      188 KB
      Views:
    bmerrick, Oct 28, 2021
  3. Petersteve

Petersteve

Petersteve, Oct 29, 2021
  4. Petersteve

Petersteve

Thank you for this,

I should have made myself clear but I was asking about the New 5502CDGP230 space logic Dali 2 which I understand, it has been released.

Petersteve, Oct 29, 2021
  5. Petersteve

Ks04

I'm also waiting for this - as i understand it's not yet released (though should be imminent) as there's no software which supports it out yet either.

Ks04, Oct 29, 2021
Ask a Question