DALI Off Fade time.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Michael_12345, Aug 2, 2019.

1. Michael_12345

Michael_12345

I am having trouble with the DALI fade rate only when lights are turning off.

Having the Dali ballast set to an 8 second fade and having the box in the Dali gateway unticked for match ramp rates, I assume this means that any on/off command issues will ramp the lights up/down.

This works fine for the ON, as in it ramps up nicely, but any way I trigger an OFF, the light is instantly turned off with no fade. I know the ballast will ramp fine as even taking it to a level of 1% it will ramp fine.

I would ordinarily just use c-bus to ramp on/off but in this case I can’t achieve what I’m after with that and need a ramp off with a c-bus off command.

Michael_12345, Aug 2, 2019
  2. Michael_12345

Graham Lamb

Hi
    you need to turn match ramp rates Off, Status correction off and disable cbus mapping.
    Then after you have made these changes in dali programming set Dali ramp rate to 4 seconds and ramp time to 4 seconds.
    That should work ok

Graham Lamb, Aug 12, 2019
  3. Michael_12345

Michael_12345

Thanks for your reply,

Still no luck, those settings in the gateway is what I have previously tried and always have if I am to control fading at the ballast level. I did another test with your recommendation as the fade rate of 4 seconds/ 63.3 steps, as I usually have the rate at 11.2 steps/ 22.7 seconds. However again I still have the same problem, which is an OFF command from C-Bus still instantly turns the light off with no fade, only the ON will trigger a ramping effect.

Michael_12345, Aug 13, 2019
Ask a Question