Dali Interface Tools

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MartynPigg, Jul 21, 2019.

1. MartynPigg

MartynPigg

Hi Guys

Looking for some advise on Dali USB interface tools to program ballasts. i'm leaning towards the diginet DGLMIFU01 with the RAPIX software or the Tridonic one, any advise would be great.

MartynPigg, Jul 21, 2019
  2. MartynPigg

Timbo

Hi Mate,

I ended up buying an Osram Dali Magic USB interface from RS (strangely, was the cheapest I could find at the time). This has the ability to commission Osram drivers as well as address DALI ballasts.
    https://www.osram.com/ecat/DALI mag...01_1028893/PP_EUROPE_Europe_eCat/ZMP_4039242/

The commissioning tool allows you to set current levels and other speciality features that are not part of the usual DALI protocol. NOTE - this can ONLY be done with a single driver connected to the bus.
    I made some errors calculating loads and had to get into the roof with my laptop to directly connect to a few of the drivers .

If you're interested, I used Osram OTI series drivers for almost all of the loads in my house.
    https://www.osram.com/ecat/OPTOTRON...s/com/en/GPS01_1121642/PP_EUROPE_Europe_eCat/

You can register with Osram to download the T4T software, as well as the Osram Dali Wizard which works with other brand DALI devices.

Cheers,

Tim

Timbo, Jul 22, 2019
  3. MartynPigg

MartynPigg

Thanks Tim will look into this one as well

MartynPigg, Jul 22, 2019
Ask a Question