DALI interface inbuilt PCI

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by KevinH, Aug 4, 2008.

1. KevinH

KevinH

I've never used (or seen) the DALI interface but I have a need now and the spec seems to indicate it can be programmed directly from Toolkit via its own inbuilt PCI . Yet in the docs I see no mention of how physically this is achieved and the pictures dont seem to show a port either.

"The DALI Interface product incorporates a C-Bus? PC
    Interface Module for communications to the C-Bus?
    Network. Programming of the C-Bus? side of the Network
    Interface can be done in the same manner as programming
    a standard PC Interface."

Is there an accessible RS232 interface on the module and is a PC cable provided ? Does this obviate the need for another PCI on the C-Bus network for general programming ?

cheers Kevin

KevinH, Aug 4, 2008
  2. KevinH

______.

Hi Kevin
    There is no PCI port on the DALI interface (unless they have released a new one) I think the programming they are refering to is to be able to program the DALI Gateway from toolkit without the need to plug to the gateway directly. Remember with DALI you have to program both the C-Bus side (with Toolkit) AND the DALI side (with DALI Tool / WinDim etc)for everything to work.

So to answer you question Yes you still need a PCI if you want to have a programming access point on site.

Hope this helps

______., Aug 4, 2008
  3. KevinH

Newman

Kevin, suggest you load a PC_DAL2C DALI Gateway unit up in a Toolkit database and look at the programming. This will show you what options in the gateway can be configured over C-Bus via Toolkit.

You cannot commission a DALI network through the gateway, you have to commission the DALI network using standard DALI tools.

Newman, Aug 4, 2008
Ask a Question