DALI Gateway

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Mark, Apr 5, 2005.

1. Mark

Mark

Hi,

Does anyone out there use the C-Bus to DALI Gateway?

I'd be interested to know how it's used out in the real world:

Is winDIM the configuration software of choice?

Do you control Ballasts, Groups, Scenes or a mix from C-Bus?
    What do you do about ramp rates?

Does anyone use DALI input units to map back to C-Bus? :confused:

Anything you'd like to see it do in the future?

I'd be interested in your thoughts! (at least semi-constructive vitriol preffered...)

Cheers,
    Mark.

Mark, Apr 5, 2005
  2. Mark

darrenblake

Hi Mark,

I have used the Dali gateway on a number of occasions now. I have used to control, individual ballasts, groups, and to run scenes.
    The WINDIM software is used to address each of the Dali ballasts, and set up groups, scenes etc.
    I have used C-Bus to trigger scenes within DALI, and i have used C-Bus scenes to control the ballasts individually
    Although i have used it on numerous occasions, its high cost often makes it difficult to justify.
    Its primary advantage is the extremely flexible method of control and configuration, allowing you to asign any ballast to any group or scene without having to rewire any circuits.
    The only thing i find that can present issues when commisioning is the fixed C-Bus group addresses used to correspond with DALI addresses.
    One thing that seems to be a limitation is the requirement to get the feedback and status of the lamps and ballasts to front end software (Scheduler Plus).
    Atco are heavily promoting this as a feature, especially when it comes to their front end application WINDIM@NET.

All in all, great control system

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2005
    darrenblake, Apr 5, 2005
Ask a Question