Daikin FTXS50KVMA

Discussion in 'Infrared (NIRT, IR Reader) and CIRCA' started by Nobes, May 9, 2012.

1. Nobes

Nobes

Hi Guys,

Anyone got IR codes for this device? The default Daikin codes in CIRCA don't seem to work. I can get my hands on a IR reader, but if anyone has them, it will save me some time.

Thanks.
    Nobes

Nobes, May 9, 2012
  2. Nobes

Nobes

More info..

Ok, so I dug the 5100RP out, but the software tells me that I'm transmitting the same code for every command I'm sending it, anyone else had the same issue?

Nobes, May 10, 2012
  3. Nobes

nickrusanov

try learning only ON signals. do like this

- press OFF
    - set the temp and other parameters
    - send ON to the IR reader - it will be big command with desired temp
    - press OFF again
    - set another temp
    - send ON to the IR reader
    etc.

nickrusanov, May 10, 2012
  4. Nobes

Nobes

Hi,

Thanks for the response, I'll try that this afternoon and let you know how I go.

Nobes, May 16, 2012
  5. Nobes

Nobes

No Good, same issue. I have done some more research on the web and it appears that the IR frame is cut in two parts 3000us apart. From what I can tell, they do that to stop people from reverse engineering the code.
    So what I'm seeing is the lead-in code for evey command, and missing the rest.
    Can I alter the IR reader software to "see" the rest of the code? i.e 'listen' longer for the rest of the transmission?

Nobes, May 18, 2012
  6. Nobes

Newman

You can make the IR Reader look for a longer pause between commands by doing the following:
    • Go to the File menu, select Preferences. Click on the Advanced node in the tree view and tick the box that says "Allow Decoding Parameter Edit". Click OK.
    • Go to the Options menu (now revealed) and select Edit IR Decoding Parameters. Select the line that says "Minimum gap between frames: 10ms" and, in the drop down box above, change it from 10ms to 100ms.
    • Now try re-learning the IR code. It should then be captured with a single protocol frame structure of "i".

Newman, May 19, 2012
  7. Nobes

Nobes

Hi Newman,

Thanks, that has seemed to work.
    I've ordered a new USB NIRT programming cable (Have the old serial one and getting a laptop with a serial port is painful). As soon as this arrives I'll test it.

Had enough of carrying around a desktop PC to program a NIRT :D

Nobes, May 20, 2012
  8. Nobes

Nobes

Hi Newman,

Thanks, got my hands on a USB cable, had a few issues at first, but I found an older post of yours where the USB cable wouldn't work unless you had a USB to serial cable plugged into the laptop. I guess this issue hasn't been fixed in later versions of CIRCA (or it's a windows issue).

The problem I have now is that control via a wiser is erratic at best. It's a pity you can't test the code whilst still in CIRCA.
    Whats the best way to set up temps in Wiser? I set up presets, but I'm wondering if the transmition is too quick and the AC unit doesn't have a chance to react?

Edit: Transmit count in CIRCA is greyed out "1", with the above issue, maybe thats the problem.

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2012
    Nobes, May 22, 2012
  9. Nobes

Newman

That is correct behaviour of CIRCA. Because the way the code was leared is different, it is just 1 big single frame, CIRCA will configure the NIRT to only transmit this code once, just like the original remote.

Air Conditioner codes are extremely long because they contain lots of data. If you are using buttons configured as a Bell Press to trigger them it's possible that the C-Bus group is getting turned off before the long code has finished transmitting. This causes the NIRT to cancel the current transmission.

You need to isolate whether the issue is with the IR code itself or with the Wiser configuration. I suggest you test it with a standard switch using Presets first. Once you've got that working reliably you can look into why it's not working correctly from the Wiser.

Newman, May 22, 2012
  10. Nobes

Nobes

Hi Newman,

I configured two buttons on the local DLT to be a bell press with just two commands, off and Auto 22C. The commands are still intermittant, sometimes the button press works, sometimes it doesn't.

Nobes, May 25, 2012
  11. Nobes

Newman

The bell press is possibly why it is intermittent. Try changing the key function to a Preset and test again.

You can also try tweaking the timing by editing the file that was generated by the IR Reader and then re-importing it into CIRCA. It's possible that the carrier frequency might be a bit off as it was probably intended to be 38kHz.

Newman, May 26, 2012
  12. Nobes

Nobes

Hi Newman,

Thanks, I understand the preset thing, I did try that with the wiser, but will try it on a DLT.
    I'm not quite following on the timing, in the file imported into CIRCA, the carrier frequency is 36364, are you saying to change that to 38000?

Nobes, May 28, 2012
  13. Nobes

Newman

Yes, try that.

Newman, May 28, 2012
Ask a Question