Daikin AC codes too long...

Discussion in 'Infrared (NIRT, IR Reader) and CIRCA' started by SAC, Feb 21, 2006.

1. SAC

SAC

Trying to get the daikin ac codes from circa to the transmitter but it is saying its too long.

Anyone know how too fix this.

P.S. Top forum, excellent info.

Sam

SAC, Feb 21, 2006
  2. SAC

Richo

can you describe better the error message. Certainly there are issues with Circa V1 and long IR codes, but normally there is no error, they just don't work.

The Circa V2 beta doesn't have any problems with long codes, perhaps as an experiment try this.

Richo, Feb 21, 2006
  3. SAC

SAC

Thanks Richo, here's the error message,

"Command is too long for temp area on IR Transmitter
    Length of command = 1344
    Max command length = 511"

SAC, Feb 21, 2006
  4. SAC

Richo

Arr... you are using the test command feature? The area of the Nirt reserved for testing commands has a limited size and it looks like the code you have won't fit. This should not affect the operation of the code when downloaded to the unit and triggered form C-Bus however.

If the IR command still doesn't work when downloaded and triggered from C-Bus the try using the V2 beta of Circa to see if V1 is truncating the command. (You will have to re-create the project as V1 will actually save the corrupted code into the project file if you do experience a problem).

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2006
    Richo, Feb 21, 2006
  5. SAC

Newman

SAC

That error message only applies to the IR code test feature on the unit. If you actually download the IR codes to the unit and test them from there in most cases it will actually work.

As Richo says, the only proviso is that there is a defect in Circa 1.1 that means some extremely long IR codes (and the only ones we've come across so far are some select Daikin units) exceed the length that Circa 1.1 can handle.

Newman, Feb 21, 2006
  6. SAC

SAC

Thanks guys. I am able to upload commands to the NIRT but now I am having problems sending ir signals. I have tried all the Daikin codes and also Foxtel codes but nothing seems to work. I have a feeling my ir emmiters are working.
    Where can I purchase the Xantech emmitters from in Sydney?

Once again, Thanks alot for your help.

Sam

SAC, Feb 22, 2006
  7. SAC

Newman

If it's a Foxtel Digital box you're trying to control then contact Training and Technical Support. They have a 5034NIRT file that works with the Foxtel Digital gear. Lots of equipment out there can't learn the Foxtel Digital IR signals properly.

If that works then that will tell you if your IR emitters are working. Watch the length of the emitter leads too. They're indirectly connected to the C-Bus network and long extensions can cause problems. If you're going to extend the IR emitter leads then we suggest using Cat5 to do it.

The Xantech style emitters are a standard Clipsal Catalogue item 8050LD and 8050LD/2 if my memory serves me.

Newman, Feb 22, 2006
  8. SAC

Beerygaz

A quick question regarding the last statement, if I use 8050LD/2's then can I control 2 different devices from a single port (or 4 devices from a single unit)? Whereas with the 8050LD I could only control 2 devices?

Or with the 8050LD/2 must I be controlling identical devices? I presume the outputs will be duplicated to each emitter LED and if the devices don't share ant common commands then I'll be OK?

Beerygaz, Jan 24, 2007
  9. SAC

Richo

If the different devices use different IR comamnds then you should be fine. Both devices receive all IR commands, but they should ignore the ones they don't know about. In the same way your TV ignores your DVD player remote.

Richo, Jan 24, 2007
  10. SAC

joehann

Daikin AC Type ARC433B47 codes length command...

Does anyone can help to solve this problem? I've been looking for some of the errors that occurred and fix it but it did not work at all. I use CIRCA 2.4 ....

here's the error message,

"Command is too long for temp area on IR Transmitter
    Length of command = 622
    Max command length = 511"

thank you for all

joehann, Sep 5, 2014
  11. SAC

suyog777

Same issue with mitsubishi ac

HELLO MR. SAM,

We are facing the same problem as you had faced with Mitsubishi AC.

Did you succeed in controlling the Air Con from NIRT ?

suyog777, Jul 9, 2015
Ask a Question