Daft question?

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by jonmaine, Nov 18, 2008.

1. jonmaine

jonmaine

We have just come to install ctouch, it is running on 3.7, currently I have not found anyone who has a dongle here so I can upgrade. I presume that they must also be available in the UK?

After reading a little about the dongle, am I correct in thinking that you can use the dongle for 48 to 72 hours on just one install?

What happens if its a bit of an organic install, can you go back and save what you already have and add some more in another session with the same dongle?

:confused:

jonmaine, Nov 18, 2008
  2. jonmaine

Darren Senior Member

What do you mean by "ctouch"? C-Touch units (black & white and colour) do not use dongles.

I am not sure what you mean by this. Please read the "Licenses" topic of the most recent version (4.4.1) of PICED and see if that answers your questions.

Can you provide more information about what you are wanting to do?

Darren, Nov 19, 2008
  3. jonmaine

______.

Are you meaing Schedule Plus / Homegate :confused: which uses License dongles?
    C-Touch....meaning C-Bus touch screens as Darren said do not need any dongles or license files.

______., Nov 19, 2008
  4. jonmaine

jonmaine

Ok, I said it was a daft question, I will start again.

We are just looking to program the Colour touchscreen. When connected it said it was on version 3.7 (i think (project name?)homegate ctd). And that the version we were loading may not be fully functional as it was a later version prepared in PICED.

So I looked at the CIS website and thought it was homegate 4.4 which said it needed a dongle to operate fully, rather than in demonstration mode.I am now suspecting this was a wrong assumption.

I have probably got it all wrong, so please correct me and tell me what I need to do to update my colour touch screen so it will be compatible with Piced 4.4.1.:confused:

jonmaine, Nov 19, 2008
  5. jonmaine

jonmaine

The touchscreen on start up says:

Windows NT 5.1 2600 Serv pack 2

Soft 3.7.00
    Bios date 11/25/04
    Aux Proc 2.2.0

Hope this helps

jonmaine, Nov 19, 2008
  6. jonmaine

______.

you just need to update the firmware of the touch screen. When you go to download the project it will ask you to upgrade to the current version of firmware for the software you are using (be sure to go and upgrade your PICED software to the latest on the CIS website).

______., Nov 19, 2008
  7. jonmaine

ashleigh Moderator

Download the most recent version of PICED.

Use that to program the Ctouch Colour however you want.

Transfer the programming + a firmware update to the Ctouch.

And you are all done.

----------

PICED is used to program B&W touchscreens, colour touchscreens, the PAC and a few other odds-n-ends. There are no limits on USING PICED for programming. If you put PICED into simulation mode to prove your programming before you transfer, it will run for a few days only. PICED needs no dongle.

If you want the facilities of PICED when running in Simulation mode, and you want it to run forever, then you need either HmoeGate or SchedulePlus. Both of these use a dongle.

ashleigh, Nov 19, 2008
Ask a Question