cyclic triggering

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by justinw, Nov 4, 2004.

1. justinw

justinw

Here's an interesting one. If you decide for what ever reason to set scenes on the touch screen but have them triggered by the lighting application on a bus coupler or aux input unit which can be done but does bring up an error that warns about cyclic triggering. Ignoring this message my installation worked fine.
    Then one day i got a call out that the entire bus had gone down. Which it had this continued for a few weeks and the problem would occur at intermitant intervals. Strangly the program worked fine with 4 less units.(the 4 extra were stage 2).
    Anyway the problem solved itself by me rewritting the program using the control application as i should of anyway.
    Does anyone have any idea what was going on.
    I tried to figure it out and got, That the bus would fail on a certain amount of triggers (depending on how involved they were),The screen would go completly blank and you would have to reset the whole system for it to right itself. Its like the system was getting so confused it would shoot it self in the foot. Any other ideas
    cheers justin :eek: :eek:

justinw, Nov 4, 2004
  2. justinw

Darren Senior Member

You really need to get a log of the messages to see what is happening on C-Bus. Without that, it is hard to guess.

Darren, Nov 5, 2004
Ask a Question