Custom Toolkit graph in Wiser

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by mberwind, Aug 1, 2011.

1. mberwind

mberwind

Hi all, sorry if there is an obvious solution to my problem, but is there a way to show custom PICED graphs in a Wiser/iPad interface?

I've got an E4833 power meter in an installation, and I've written a visual basic script that will convert the output files from the meter to essentially read data into PICED and create a customized graph to show power usage trends. Does anyone have any insight on how I can get this into Wiser? I'm even willing to go with work arounds (eg, if I can simply place an updating image in a Wiser interface, I will work out what needs to be done in vb or python to convert my graphs into images).

If getting custom graphs is not an option, what about the power meter widget already in Wiser? Is it feasible for me to get my imported data into the Power Meter Manager without purchasing new hardware? My last option is to create an E4833 website and simply leave the power metering data out of the Wiser interface. This is not ideal.

Any insight would be great.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2011
    mberwind, Aug 1, 2011
  2. mberwind

NickD Moderator

You can't create any custom widgets for Wiser.

When you say you have imported this data into PICED... do you mean a Colour Touchscreen or Homegate?

If so, and you can calculate the power level from this data, you can periodically (say once every 5-10 seconds, or whenever there is a large change) broadcast this on the Measurement Application from logic, and the Power Meter widget in Wiser will be able to display it.

Nick

NickD, Aug 2, 2011
  3. mberwind

mberwind

Thanks for reading my mind! Yes, I meant a homegate graph. It shouldn't be a problem to broadcast the current level, I will give that a shot and let you know how it turns out.

mberwind, Aug 2, 2011
Ask a Question