Custom created wiser screens?

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by poldim, Apr 23, 2011.

1. poldim

poldim

So I'm looking around at options for home control, and frankly, the fact that a lot of the features of the Wiser UI do not work on the iPhone app is pretty poor marketing and design on the side of Clipsal/Wiser/Schneider Electric. They really need to release an iPad & Android app ASAP. Very typical of big companies to have slow innovation.

Is there a way to port commands from HTML pages over to the CNI card to get it to control components? Are there known limitations and or reasons for not doing this? This would potentially allow integration with something like XBMC, which already has a pretty awesome ipad app.

I know products like this exist. http://www.commandfusion.com/ is one of the companies I have found that lets you create completely custom iPad/iPhone & web user interfaces.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2011
    poldim, Apr 23, 2011
  2. poldim

kjayakumar

I didn't know that it is a lot of features. I thought it was just a few that are missing on iPhone. Anyway, you're not alone in providing this feedback. In a big company, the problem is often that the person who makes decisions about which resources are allocated to which problem is typically quite far away (both literally and figuratively) from the people who are talking to the customers. The only suggestion I can make is that you raise this complaint through the channel you bought the products through, this will help get priorities set.

kjayakumar, Apr 24, 2011
  3. poldim

filpee

OMG please release a native iPad app. iphone apps running on the ipad look horrible.

filpee, Apr 24, 2011
  4. poldim

nickrusanov

heheh =) I'm not alone here!

nickrusanov, Apr 27, 2011
  5. poldim

nickrusanov

Poldim, are you sure it's CommandFusion? Because it looks like it's something much better, then I see on their website.

I hope soon our partners will succeed in releasing this app for C-Bus: http://www.iridiummobile.net/
    We already gave them protocols and test equipment. They say September.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2011
    nickrusanov, Apr 27, 2011
  6. poldim

oracle

oracle, May 13, 2011
  7. poldim

Jasp

I've actually been able to boot wiser into XBMC using the Advanced Loader plugin running a script that boots the projector from the project in full screen.

Still in testing, configuring the logitech remote to act as a mouse and setting up keystrokes to quit. But 95% there... not sure whether the ipad app allows you to utilise addons?? All my testing is on Windows based OS's, but its good to see it on the big screen.

Jasp, May 27, 2011
  8. poldim

kjayakumar

Sounds fun. Any chance of some pics?

kjayakumar, May 29, 2011
  9. poldim

Jasp

Some pics...

A few screen grabs of the setup in action, still have a little issue of the Logitech remote sending requests a little fast, but haven't had a lot of time to adjust it at the moment.

I've made it controllable by setting a Global Key, meaning it can be activated on any screen within XBMC, even while playing a movie.

Attached Files:

Jasp, Jun 2, 2011
  10. poldim

Jasp

3 & 4

Attached Files:

Jasp, Jun 2, 2011
  11. poldim

poldim

Jasp, have you reached any milestones you could share about sine June?

poldim, Oct 28, 2011
Ask a Question