Custom Applications

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by Mr Mark, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Mr Mark

Mr Mark

We have a remote multi-network site running Schedule Plus that we have been supporting for a few years. The latest challenge we have come across is after upgrading from S+ 4.9.0 to 4.11.1 we can no longer access non standard applications (Toolkit is OK).

The original installer used applications 1 through to 23 across different networks.

As far as I can see, we have two options - change the applications to standard lighting applications or roll back Schedule Plus to an earlier version. As we can only perform major works out of hours, I'd like to roll back the software first, sort out the applications and upload to site after some testing.

So... can anyone tell me how far back I need to go or should I just stick with 4.9.0?

========================================
    Have managed to manually edit the XML file for Toolkit, now to see about Schedule Plus...

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2013
    Mr Mark, Mar 13, 2013
  2. Mr Mark

Matty

Hi Mr Mark,

In PICED under menu item Options | Program Options select tab 'Other' then select check box 'Show Legacy C-Bus Applications'.

Regards,

Matty

Matty, Mar 15, 2013
  3. Mr Mark

Mr Mark

Matty, thanks for that. I can honestly say you have saved me from working all weekend!

Mr Mark, Mar 15, 2013
  4. Mr Mark

ashleigh Moderator

Use of applications 0 .. 31 FOR LIGHTING PUPORSES is asking for trouble. It's like walking around with a big sign on your back saying "kick me".

Because those applications are reserved for user-design custom messaging, which may or may not be lighting-command-format compatible. If certain devices are installed on such a network, expect chaos.

This is all documented in the SAL message definition documentation.

ashleigh, Mar 17, 2013
  5. Mr Mark

Mr Mark

Duly noted Ashleigh.
    This will buy us some breathing time as this project was setup by others about ten years ago. Ideally we will reprogram it to the reserved aplications for lighting at some stage although this will depend upon the client being willing to pay - big undertaking being an interlinked 16 network site (poor initial design).

I'd like to say no other devices apart from lighting would be added, but you can't predict the future.

:) I don't suppose CIS have an application to change application numbers in databases?
    Toolkit is sorted, as I edited the XML file but any cheats for Schedule Plus, apart from dual screen and Red Bull?

Mr Mark, Mar 17, 2013
  6. Mr Mark

ashleigh Moderator

Schedule + does use an XML file too. Though I have no idea whats in it.

If there is nothing there apart from lighting, then leaving it alone is fine. Its adding other future devices where things will get interesting.

ashleigh, Mar 18, 2013
  7. Mr Mark

Darren Senior Member

I would back up the project file, then open the XML and do a search and replace of the network tags. For example, if you want to change network 5 to network 53:

replace <AppNo>5</AppNo> with <AppNo>53</AppNo>

replace AppNo="5" with AppNo="53"

Darren, Mar 29, 2013
  8. Mr Mark

Mr Mark

Thanks Darren. I've been away for Easter but will try your method soon and let you know how it goes.

Mr Mark, Apr 1, 2013
Ask a Question