Curtain Control for vertical blinds?

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by NickD, Oct 8, 2005.

1. NickD

NickD Moderator

Recently I've been talking to my Dad about putting some C-Bus wireless in his family room.. he liked the idea of being able to remotely control lighting scenes now that he's got his new plasma :)

He also sounded keen to automate the blinds.. great I thought... based on the recent discussions here, there seem to be a lot of motors available for that sort of thing......

I've just had a look at the Somfy and Elero sites, and they don't seem to have any motors for *vertical* blinds? Am I blind (pun only partially intended), or is that really the case? Do these blinds not exist elsewhere in the world?

Nick

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2005
    NickD, Oct 8, 2005
  2. NickD

NickLocke

I don't have any automated vertical blinds (there is only one vertical blind, it's in Mrs Nick's study and she says NO!).

But, I did have a look around and the only supplier I could find was Goelst.

Hope that helps,

Nick

NickLocke, Oct 8, 2005
  3. NickD

Nobes

We have had a few customers ask about automating Verticals. Seems to a bit too hard for Blind people. We have found Australian web sites that say they do it, but when you ring them, it is not always the case :D

Let us know how you go.

Chris.

Nobes, Oct 9, 2005
  4. NickD

NickD Moderator

Thanks for the replies guys..

Nick : I checked out Goelst's site but there didn't seem to be a lot there :( To be honest I've found the somfy and elero websites pretty lacking in detail, but I know what they say about people in glass houses....

Chris : As this stage I was really just looking for info, so I could give him some idea what it might cost.. I suspect it will fall into the too hard basket.

I would have thought it would be quite similar to doing venetians, with 2 adjustments on each blind, and probably a lot less torque required. What do the controllers for venetians do? Do they just take up 2 channels of a normal controller?

I agree with whoever it was that said in one of the other curtain control threads somethig along the lines of "Blinds are sexy, if automated".. It seems really strange that there would be no solution for verticals, because, IMHO, while automating curtains or roller blinds might be cool, being able to adjust the pitch as well as opening and closing your vertical blinds/venetians would be much cooler :)

If Mr Werner from Elero is reading this, perhaps he could give his take on the subject?

Nick

NickD, Oct 10, 2005
  5. NickD

Mark

Verticals

Hi NickD,

Hows the weather where you are?

This mob have a few options for motorising vertical blinds...
    http://www.btxinc.com/pages/prodtech.htm
    Not sure about an Ausy distributor, but there's at least an option for 220v.

Cheers,
    Mark.

Mark, Oct 10, 2005
  6. NickD

NickLocke

Agreed, Goelst's website isn't helpful. I bumped into a sales guy at the Automated home show thing at the NEC here in the UK. He knew his stuff. Maybe a phone call?

Nick

NickLocke, Oct 12, 2005
  7. NickD

eleroAustralia

Vertical blinds

Hi Guys,

this might come way too late, just for some thoughts:

BTX is the US name for the German Company Bautex, which is also known as Sundrape (www.bautex.de or www.bautex.com goes to www.sundrape.com, look at top left for english)
    And there is a distributor in Australia, NSW: Murray Smith Asia Pacific Pty Ltd (www.sundrape.com.au)
    But also Silent Gliss (www.silentgliss.com) is having (quite some fancy ones, too!) some vertical blinds motorized.

As you can see I am not looking too frequently in this forum, any questions where I could help, send me a direct message.

Markus

eleroAustralia, Sep 7, 2006
Ask a Question