Current measurement unit totals

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by yzf250, Apr 16, 2013.

1. yzf250

yzf250

Hi All,
    I am wondering if anyone has sorted out some logic or wiring method to accurately display power consumption on the touch screen from the current measurement unit.
    I currently have one hooked up to my 3phase switchboard and 2 inverters. I temporarily have just 2 phases supplying the household circuits (no 3 phase air-cond luckily) so I can read consumption on those 2 (using 2 channels of the CMU). I then have 2 inverters feeding back out on the blue phase so I can measure each inverters AC feed with the other 2.
    The trouble I had with 3 phases being measured and 1 CT on the solar AC was that the CT's are not directional and the feed in current would compound on the phase that it is connected to giving false readings.
    Is there an easy way to set it all up without directional CT's? I vaguely remember reading about a setup the has CT's around multiple wires to counteract the feed in opposing the consumption but can't remember where and my usual support channels aren't familiar with what needs to be done.

My goal is to have the touchscreen displaying as accurate as possible the following -
    -Consumption on each phase (kw and $)
    -Total consumption of house (kw and $)
    -Power generated from the inverters (kw)
    -Feed in displayed in dollars

Any ideas would be appreciated and hopefully someone has a similar setup working fine!

Cheers

yzf250, Apr 16, 2013
  2. yzf250

Darren Senior Member

Darren, Apr 20, 2013
  3. yzf250

yzf250

Hmmm

Hi Darren,
    I just typed a big reply asking a lot questions and then it all hit me!
    Now I get it :)

Cheers

yzf250, Apr 22, 2013
  4. yzf250

yzf250

Display

One other question.....
    Is there a widget or nice graphical way to display the current measurement units output on the ctouch similar to the Wiser?

yzf250, Apr 22, 2013
  5. yzf250

Darren Senior Member

I have seen it done by using a series of side-by-side bar sliders to look like a bar graph. Each slider displays the energy usage for a particular hour, day, week or month.

Darren, Apr 28, 2013
  6. yzf250

Roosta

Hello,

Have you had a play with any of the power meter template pages in Piced? There is one for a colour touch screen that looks similar to wiser GUI.. Only problem is for what you want to do you will probably need 16 pages to display it all..

Cheers..

Roosta, Apr 28, 2013
  7. yzf250

Darren Senior Member

I was assuming you meant a Black and White C-Touch or C-Touch Spectrum.

If you mean a Colour C-Touch, then you just use a Graph component.

As Roosta said, there is a Template for Colour C-Touch which provides a display very similar to Wiser.

Darren, May 11, 2013
Ask a Question