ctouch suggestions

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by Dave Byron, Dec 7, 2004.

1. Dave Byron

Dave Byron

as it takes up 13 seconds to add a new group can a windows type spinning
    hour glass be displayed when ctouch is busy - at least you know it not hung that way.

when a ctouch project is reload can the the database be reloaded at the same
    time instead of having to exit ctouch and restarting to pick up database changes

dave

Dave Byron, Dec 7, 2004
  2. Dave Byron

Richo

Hi Dave,

What version of C-Touch are you using? I think the preferred solution will be to make it take a lot less than 13 seconds.

As we move all our software to use C-Gate V2 as a our "tag database" they will be improved so all applications can be run concurrently and instantly update each other with database changes, even accross computer LANs if you have multiple integrators working on the same project togther.

The foundations for this have been put in place, but it will take a little while to upgrade all applications to support this. The next releases of software may still require restarts to pick up new groups etc... but we are actively removing this dependancy.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2004
    Richo, Dec 7, 2004
  3. Dave Byron

Dave Byron

ctouch

Richo
    using all the lastest toolkit 1.1.3 and ctouch bets 2.0.36
    I will send the xml datbase to george to play with..

also another suggestion
    as most of our homes have at least 2 touch screens i keep the xml in the same
    directory as a lot of the stuff is common to all screens.
    there i need to be able to select all the report (text ones) filenames so i can keep in the same disk directory
    ie screen 1 - reportname1
    screen 2 - reportname2

dave

Dave Byron, Dec 8, 2004
  4. Dave Byron

Richo

Thanks, he has forwarded it to me. I will look into the speed issue.

I would like to explore this further. One of our medium term goals is to centralise all project data into dedicated directories under C-Gate. This is opposite towhat you are doing.

To clarrify what you are saying. You keep all your C-Touch configurations in the one directory so that they can all share the same graphic files etc... Id that correct?

Richo, Dec 8, 2004
  5. Dave Byron

Darren Senior Member

What do you mean by "add a new group" exactly ?
    This will be done eventually.
    This has been added to the "to do" list.

Darren, Dec 8, 2004
  6. Dave Byron

Dave Byron

To clarrify

Richo

quote:
    I would like to explore this further. One of our medium term goals is to centralise all project data into dedicated directories under C-Gate. This is opposite towhat you are doing.

To clarrify what you are saying. You keep all your C-Touch configurations in the one directory so that they can all share the same graphic files etc... Id that correct?[/QUOTE]

I keep all the files by project in the same directory ie jones as (1) gnd screen
    (2) 1st screen and (3) garage screen xml files and bmp files in the jones directory.
    So I need 3 different error, project summary etc files in the same directory - maybe like error1, error2 and error3 filenames

dave

Dave Byron, Dec 9, 2004
  7. Dave Byron

Garfield

Given that the files are going to get overwritten each time they are automatically generated by the software, why not just rename or move the ones you want to keep ?

So generate the report for project #1 and then copy the html file and all of the associated image files to a sub-directory called "project 1 report" and so on.

Garfield, Dec 9, 2004
Ask a Question