CTouch Scheduler issue

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by amberelectrics, Feb 7, 2008.

1. amberelectrics

amberelectrics

Have had a recent problem with a CTouch running a schedule to switch on outside lighting.

It is setup to turn on at sunset and off at 22:30. When it comes to sunset it fails to switch on. If the user switches on manually it does switch off correctly at 22:30.

I created a status page so I could directly monitor the calculated sunset/sunrise time and they were fine.

So I then altered the schedule so that it switches on at sunset + 1 minute. It now switches on correctly and off correctly.

Conclusion: The sunset trigger only works when an operation is being performed on it, such as adding or subtracting an amount of time.

Has anyone else suffered this or am I just real lucky?

Cheers

Simon

amberelectrics, Feb 7, 2008
  2. amberelectrics

Matty

Hi Simon,

I gave this a shot and it seems to work fine for me.
    Are there any more details you could give me on the project that might cause this peculiar behavior?

Regards,

Matty

Matty, Feb 8, 2008
  3. amberelectrics

ICS-GS

No problems

Simon,

I have a logic function which turns on a GA from sunrise to sunset, it works fine. ( i use it to disable my outdoor PIR's during the day).

But one thing i have found is that if there are many things going on at the same time in the logic, some of them get missed. In particular if a few scenes are firing off (in your case at sunset). What i have had to do in the past is to put a delay of say 60 seconds on the scenes trigering (after sunset for example), if i have other bits and pieces i want to turn on and off at the same time (at sunset).

So this allows the bits and pieces a chance to do there thing before the scene(s) are triggered.

Hope this helps

Grant

ICS-GS, Feb 8, 2008
  4. amberelectrics

amberelectrics

Matty - Theres not a lot going on at all. In fact it would be fair to say theres nothing else in the project. Theres a C Touch but theres no logic, no scenes not even something I would call a user interface. Its probably the worst implementation if a C Touch ever. I could of done just as much with a time switch and a two gang light switch. In short theres threee schedules:

1 - Turn front outside lights on at sunset, off at 22:30
    2 - Reset C Touch at 7 am every day
    3 - Turn off lights at 22:30, no idea why so please dont ask :)

I have deleted 5 others that did absolutely nothing.

I upgraded the flash drive to latest version and I'm running PICED 4.1 (well 4.3 now) and toolkit 1.7.4

Other than that I cant think of anything that would cause this as there literally is nothing else on the C Touch.

Grant - As above really, theres nothing else happening so I dont think its just getting its panties in a twist.

My only other guess is its something I havent found yet buried away in the nonsense configured by the person responsible for commissioning this rubbish. I am probably going to go down the route of starting from scratch as I have so much to do to create a useable system anyways.

Thanks

Simon

amberelectrics, Feb 8, 2008
  5. amberelectrics

ICS-GS

Replace schedule with logic

Simon,

Just a thought, what about replacing the schedule with logic? See if it works there... I have never actually usde the sunset function in the scheduler.

Cheers

Grant

ICS-GS, Feb 9, 2008
  6. amberelectrics

amberelectrics

This will most likely happen when I write the code for the CTouch. At the moment its doing nothing and thasts just wrong. Once I get it working with the Minder Pro correctly I am going to give the customer something worth having.

Should have some progress tomorrow as I now have a programming interface for the Minder Pro, this should help me determine why its not working on messages from CBus but CBus is getting info from Minder Pro.

All good fun :)

amberelectrics, Feb 10, 2008
  7. amberelectrics

Darren Senior Member

Try using the C-Bus Diagnostic Utility to see what messages (if any) are being broadcast by C-Touch. That may shed some light on the situation.

Darren, Feb 11, 2008
Ask a Question