Ctouch MkII - Timer Countdown

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by chromus, May 29, 2014.

1. chromus

chromus

Hi All,

My wife has asked me to attach the heated towel rail to a toggle Timer on 1 of our Ctouch MkII (logic) units.

That bit was easy, but she wants it to have a countdown like the EDLT's do.. :eek:

A) Is it possible?
    B) How? -> I don't care if its simple a separate timer counting down simultaneously (not reading the actual timer).

Let me know :D

chromus, May 29, 2014
  2. chromus

Ashley

You can read the remaining time on a local timer using the GetCBusTimer function and stick it in a systemIO and display it using a level component:

Create a systemIO integer called, say 'TimeLeft' and add a level component to display it.
    Then add the following bit of logic in a new module:

Code:
    SetIntSystemIO("TimeLeft", GetCBusTimer("Local", "Lighting", "HeaterGA"));
    Delay(1);
    It just copies the timer value to the system io every second.
    If the timer isn't running it will return -1, so you could test for this and hide the component if you wanted to.

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2014
    Ashley, May 29, 2014
  3. chromus

chromus

Thanks Ashley, I will take a look :)

chromus, May 29, 2014
  4. chromus

Roosta

You can do it another way..

Just place a clock component, open it up and change time/date displayed to cbus timer, then go to cbus tab and it should be type of status, then just choose your group you wish to monitor.. It will display 00:00:00 until timer it started, then will count down..

Cheers..

Roosta, May 29, 2014
  5. chromus

Ashley

Very neat. Didn't ever notice you could select a cbus timer as a source for a clock component. Only limitation is you seem to be stuck with a fixed format of hh:mm or hh:mm:ss

Ashley, May 29, 2014
  6. chromus

Roosta

Indeed you do only have those options, however it suffices for most situations.. I have also in the past put a status indicator block infront of the timer to block out the hours section and only show minutes, and also have set it up so when the timer is inactive, ie group is off, it blanks out the timer, and then when it goes active it shows the timer.. Simple solutions are always good.. :)

Cheers..

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2014
    Roosta, May 29, 2014
  7. chromus

NickD Moderator

Hehe? I have had exactly the same thing for exactly the same use on my Colour Touch for years.. which was why I added the feature in the timer widget in eDLT :)

Glad your wife likes it :D

Nick

NickD, May 31, 2014
Ask a Question